Health Club Team Leader - Roehampton, London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Health Club Team Leader - Roehampton, London
Reporting To: Health Club Assistant Manager
Hours: 40 hours a week on a 7 day rota of varying shift times to include weekends and bank holidays, candidates will ideally benefit from living in close proximity to the club.
The position of Health Club Team Leader is a pivotal role within the Health Club Team and as such the individual in this position must be professional at all times; driven to succeed; have limitless enthusiasm; be flexible; willing to embrace change and challenges; and be passionate in delivering a first class facility and service to our members.
The Health Club Team Leader reports to the Health Club Assistant Manager and is responsible for the safe and efficient day to day operation of the Health Club, Indoor & Outdoor Pools, Steam room and Sauna, Spa, Gym, Studios and all other activities running within the facility with special care and attention to the operational running of the pool plant rooms.
- Ensure lifeguard and reception areas are covered at all times to include daytimes, evenings and weekends.
- Assist in the preparation of lifeguard rotas to ensure optimum cover to maximise member experience whilst keeping costs at a minimum and considering budgets.
- Ensure the Health Club areas meet the necessary standards of hygiene and cleanliness, liaising with the Housekeeping team & Manager
- Ensure the upkeep of the gym equipment including daily maintenance, cleaning, repair and engineer call outs
- Ensure safe operation of all machinery within the Health Club
- Ensure that Health Club literature and notice boards are to Club standard, relevant and within date
- Monitor pool chemical levels and manage the plant rooms to ensure the pools are safe and clean for members to swim
- Ensure all daily, weekly, monthly health & safety checks are completed to the highest standard.
- Ensure the smooth operation of all leisure activities, providing guidance and leadership to the departmental staff & supervisors
- Assist to develop and promote a full programme of activities within the pools, Gym and Studios always mindful of safety of all users, to include Holiday Programmes, ensuring consistent standards and effective co-ordination of these activities
- Publicise, promote and support all pool, Gym, Studio activities and events
- Ensure the safe running of all plant rooms, water testing, back washing procedures in line with health club policies and procedures
- Contribute to reduce operational costs and ensure the Health Club Pools, Gym and Studios are run as efficiently as possible to reduce energy costs and consumable waste
- Monitor the co-ordination of supplies to the Health Club
- Assist in training and educating employees to work efficiently, effectively and to the required Health and Safety standards.
- Motivate and inspire Health Club employees ensuring that they deliver full training to cover their duties.
- Ensure effective communication between all Health Club departments, other Club departments and Club Members.
- Ensure that Roehampton Club’s personnel policies and standards are correctly followed including the reporting of sickness absence, holiday requests, return to work interviews, performance management.
- Ensuring colleagues uphold employee standards at all times as laid out in the employee handbook.
- Work with Health Club employees to devise and implement programmes for Members to maximise Member enjoyment and use of the Health Club.
- Provide a management presence which is visible and available to Members at all times.
- Ensure that the Health Club offers a friendly efficient service at all times and employees are always fully briefed and are welcoming to visitors.
- Ensure that employees actively enforce Club Rules and Policies sensibly to maintain a clean, safe and enjoyable environment at all times.
- Act as lead Health Club Duty Manager as required.
While full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Must Be NPLQ Qualified
- Experience in pool plant operation is desirable but not essential
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Experience of Life Guarding ideally in a similar environment
- Experience in using booking management software is desirable but not essential
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Excellent customer care skills including respecting internal and external customers
- Good knowledge of database and cashing up management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Smart appearance
- Strong team player and good communicator
- Excellent timekeeping
- Safeguarding – training available
- Successful Enhanced DBS as part of recruitment
Benefits Include: Uniform and meals while on duty
To Apply: Please send a CV with a covering letter detailing how you meet the key criteria by clicking 'Apply'.
Apply for Health Club Team Leader - Roehampton, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly