Leisure Assistant (Lifeguard) - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Leisure Assistant (Lifeguard) - London
- Full Time
Roehampton Club is London’s premier private member multisport club based in south west London. We offer our members a wide range of sports including golf, tennis, Health Club, squash and a full catering provision, all delivered to the highest standards.
The position of a Leisure Assistant is an area where we have the opportunity to deliver great service and as such the individual in this position must be professional at all times; have limitless enthusiasm; be flexible; willing to embrace change and challenges; and have a commitment to deliver excellent service to the membership
Reporting to the Health Club Manager (or Duty Manager in their absence) you will be required to fulfil a variety of roles within the facility throughout a working day. Shift work over the seven days of the week and bank holidays are included.
- Deliver a friendly welcome for all members and their guests upon entering the Health Club.
- Ensure the procedure for the entry of members and their guests is carried out in a professional, efficient and courteous manner and log every member and guest in the correct way.
- Deal with enquires and take bookings and payments from members in person or over the phone.
- Assist all members who have queries complaints or require information, in a polite, friendly and helpful manner.
- Lifeguard the pool when required to do so, or when asked by the Health Club Manager or Duty Manager on shift.
- Assist and supervise members and their guests in their use of the facilities, ensuring their safety and wellbeing at all times.
- Be presentable at all times whilst at work with a clean and tidy issued uniform with name badge on display. Footwear must be either trainers or flip flops.
- Ensure members, guests and staff, observe club rules and enforce them where necessary.
- Follow all other procedures that may be arranged so that the facility operates in a safe and functionally efficient manner.
- Perform reasonable duties as specified by the Health Club Manager, Health Club Duty Managers, Chief Executive or a member of the Club’s Middle & Senior Management Teams.
- Maintain a clean working environment in reception and back office area.
- Ensure daily checklist and emergency reference file forms are filled out in a timely manner.
- Carry out and record water quality tests to monitor bathing conditions and to report to Duty Manager when these do not fall within set parameters.
- Monitor the delivery and collection of clean and used towels, to assist Management with stock audits.
- Monitor retail stock levels twice daily.
- Maintain NPLQ qualification and attend and record monthly training sessions.
- Clock in and out via hand reader and have clear understanding of lateness disciplinary procedure.
- Supervise and direct other members of staff as designated.
- Supervise junior members of staff and look to develop their skills by coaching and mentoring when appropriate.
- Understand, know and carry out the day to day practices required by a Leisure Assistant.
- Ensure Health Club notices are current and within date
- Ensure all cashing ups are correct - discrepancies should be documented & declared
- Ensure timetables and leaflets are fully stocked at reception desk
- Undertake administration tasks as necessary.
- Set up and dismantle equipment as determined by the programme, in a proper and safe manner.
- Carry out regular routine inspections of pool area in order to ensure satisfactory operation and maintenance of safety standards.
- Adhere to all regulations and legislation relating to working with children.
- Administer first aid where suitably qualified, in accordance with Company procedures.
- Always undertake poolside duties ensuring the safety of the public and colleagues.
- Participate in the organisation, supervision and promotion of activities, achieving maximum usage levels for all sessions.
- Undertake any specific tasks relating to new initiatives, special events and special customer needs.
- Comply with all operating procedures of the Company.
- Assist members with regard to lost property, use of equipment and provide general information regarding the facility.
- To maintain a professional attitude towards work and ensure operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
- NPLQ Qualified
- Personable manner
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Smart appearance
- Basic IT skills
Benefits include: competitive salary, uniform and meals while on duty, pension, use of facilities after qualifying period and parking.
To apply send a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria and why you think you are the ideal candidate for this role by Thursday 24th June 2021 by clicking Apply Now!
The above job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out tasks as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
Apply for Leisure Assistant (Lifeguard) - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly