Health Club Assistant Manager - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Health Club Assistant Manager
Hours: 40 hours a week on a 7 day rota of varying shift times to include weekends and bank holidays
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
The Health Club Assistant Manager reports to the Health Club Manager and has line management responsibility for the safe and efficient day to day operation of the Health Club. You are responsible for all sporting and recreational programmes, leisure activities plus the organisation of staff rotas for the Health Club.
- Organise and coordinate the Health Club swimming lesson scheme, instructors and monitor the Swim Income/Budget through direct management of the Junior Activities and Swim Coordinator.
- Assist with the management of the safe operation of all plant, the two Swimming pools, Spa pool, Steam, Sauna, Gym and Group Exercise Programme, and associated areas in line with industry standards along with implementing a clear maintenance programme.
- Implement a tight control of all cost areas including; payroll; consumables; shop stock; shrinkage; chemical usage; cleaning materials; clothing allowances etc.
- Monitor pool chemical levels and perform area sweeps to fulfil all Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Acting as Health Club Duty Manager on a rota basis, including weekends.
- To support the Gym and Studios Manager with the effective and safe management of the Gym and Studios
- Setting work rotas for all areas; pools, reception, swim teachers and collating all the figures for monthly payroll.
- Ensuring that all health and safety standards are met, issues followed up and resolved within the workplace. Implement necessary procedures and enforce to ensure compliance.
- Work to achieve monthly & annual budgeted targets. With a focus on swimming, junior activities, personal training & payroll
- Analysing usage data to maximise staffing levels to best achieve budgeted targets.
- Staff Management: manage the recruitment, selection, induction training and development of all Duty Managers, Leisure Assistants and Swimming Instructor staff. Manage staff in line with Club policies and keep accurate records of training, attendance, holiday, and performance.
- Carry out DBS checks and ensure Safeguarding remains a primary focus within the department.
- Follow all other procedures that may be arranged so that the facility operates in a safe and functionally efficient manner.
- Supervise junior members of staff and look to develop their skills by coaching and mentoring when appropriate.
- Oversee the Health Club section on the Club website, update weekly and monthly news as well as changes to programming and other information relevant to Health Club via the Recorder.
- Overseeing Health Club Booking System via ESP
- Liaise and organise the RLSS monthly Lifeguard Training through our Trainer Assessors
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Current valid NPLQ qualification
- Supervisory management experience in a wet/dry leisure environment
- Exceptional people management skills and experience
- Proven ability to work well within, and lead, a team
- P/T level 2/or 3
- Pool Plant Operator qualification
- Member of CIMSPA
- The ability to communicate on all levels, with good organisational and time management skills and ability to use own initiative.
- Excellent customer service with high standards of personal presentation.
- A thorough understanding of the importance of the Club’s ‘meet and greet’ ethos.
- The ability to manage, motivate and develop a team.
This job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out tasks as specified by the Club or Management that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
To apply for this role please send a c.v. and covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria for the role, by clicking apply now by no later than 5pm on Friday 3rd September 2021.
Apply for Health Club Assistant Manager - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly