Housekeeping Assistant - Roehampton, London
Housekeeping Assistants - Roehampton Club
Roehampton Club is London’s premier private member multisport club with a capped membership of 5,000 and an 18 month waiting list. We offer our members a wide range of sports including golf, tennis, Health Club, squash and a full catering provision, all delivered to the highest standards.
We were awarded UK Sports Club of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 and hold the Club 59 Gold Flag for Customer Service. We hold the Investors in People Gold accreditation, demonstrating our commitment to the training and development of our staff.
The Position of Housekeeping Assistant is an area where we have opportunity to deliver great service for members and their guests. As such the individual in this position must be professional at all times; have limitless enthusiasm, be flexible; be willing to embrace change and challenges and be committed to delivering excellent service by maintaining an outstanding level of cleanliness and hygiene within Roehampton Club.
They must be living the club’s core values; Inspiration, Belonging, Enjoyment and Excellence.
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager (or Housekeeping Supervisor in her/his absence) you will be required to fulfil a variety of roles within the facilities throughout a working day. Shift work over the seven days of the week and bank holidays are included. Housekeeping Assistants are not necessarily appointed to a specific location with the Club. The location of cleaning areas may need to be changed to meet the needs of the Club.
- 40 hours per week
- Weekdays 06:00 – 23:00
- Weekends 06:00 – 22:30 (finishing time can be extended because of events)
- Bank Holidays 06:00 – 22:30
- Undertake cleaning of locker rooms and other communal or sports areas in accordance with the agreed cleaning schedules/ Housekeeping NOP and to meet required standards for Health & Safety/ Hygiene regulations
- Follow all other procedures that may be arranged so that all facilities are clean and safe
- Ensure the Clubhouse, the Health Club, the Squash Courts, the Creche, the Art Room, the Grounds building, the Tulloch Studio, the Croquet Pavilions and the rest of communal areas of the Roehampton Club are always presented to the highest standards
- Perform reasonable duties as specified by the Housekeeping Manager, Housekeeping Supervisor, Housekeeping Team Leaders, General Manager, Chief Executive or any other member of the club’s senior management team
- To undertake laundry duties as directed by daily shift cleaning schedule
- Assist with the collection of laundry and other garments and to prepare these items for collection by the Club cleaning contractor
- Receive and manage chemicals and other cleaning stock effectively
- Ensure that the disposal of waste is in accordance with set regulations
- Be always presentable whilst at work with a clean and tidy uniform with name badge on display
- To use electrically powered scrubbing and polishing machines, steam irons, washing machines, tumble driers and hoovers in accordance with provided training and manual instructions and to keep machinery clean, in good working order and to report any faulty equipment to Housekeeping Manager, or Housekeeping Supervisor
- Notify the Housekeeping Manger or Housekeeping Supervisor of any repairs required to broken furniture and fixings
- Provide great service for members in the lockers room, including shoes/clubs cleaning and kit washing
- Must be a team player suitable to work well with work colleagues
- Assist members and guests who require information/request service in the locker rooms, in a polite, friendly and helpful manner
- Be an ambassador for the Club at all times
- Clock in and out via the RotaCloud phone app and have clear understanding of lateness disciplinary procedure
- Maintain professional relations within the team, managers and other members of staff
- Adhere to all regulations and legislations relating to working with children
- Attend all trainings provided
- Participate in monthly departmental meetings
Full training will be given, both upon joining and on an ongoing basis, plus we have career progression for able candidates.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Meal while on duty
- Generous company pension after a qualifying period
- Death in Service
- Staff Fund of £350 paid twice yearly after a probation has been passed
- Use of pool and gym on days of working
- Ongoing training and development
- Career pathway
The above job description is not exhaustive due to the nature of the club. Therefore the individual may be required to carry out any reasonable task outside the job description as specified by the club.
Apply for Housekeeping Assistant - Roehampton, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly