Sous Chef - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Sous Chef - London
- Reporting to Head Chef
- Full Time Contract - 45 hours per week
- Salary £30 - £35k per annum
To develop and provide the highest quality food for the Club by assisting the Head Chef in all areas of kitchen operation.
- To develop and implement the menu for the restaurant in liaison with the Head Chef .
- To develop new healthy option dishes for members and children in the Restaurant and Club Cafe.
- To train and supervise the chef de partis and commis chef’s work in all sections
- To help the Pastry chef develop specific traditional British puddings, cakes, and biscuits.
- To ensure the highest quality of product within cost constraints by supervising and participating in the preparation of food.
- To following HACCAP principles.
- To support the Head Chef in the effective management of staff within department.
- To ensure that the staff demonstrate the correct attitudes and behaviours for a smooth operation.
- To provide employees with the information needed to perform their job effectively.
- To provide support to new employees within the department and provide on-the-job training.
- To prioritise and assign work within the sections.
- To give personal attention, take personal responsibility and use teamwork when providing a member’s service.
- To interact with Members to obtain feedback on food quality and service levels and effectively respond to and handle member problems and complaints.
Whilst full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety and hygiene practices at work.
- The ability to proactively prioritise needs and effectively manage resources and time.
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent.
The company offers a competitive salary and benefits including uniform, meals whilst on duty and use of facilities after a qualifying period.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a CV together with a covering letter outlining their suitability for the role by clicking Apply Now!