Fitness Instructor - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Fitness Instructor - Roehampton Club - London SW15
The position of Fitness Instructor is an area where we have the opportunity to deliver great service and as such the individual in this position must be professional at all times, have limitless enthusiasm, flexibility, willing to embrace change and challenge and have a commitment to deliver a premier service to the membership. The individual will take pride in their place of work and always look at how the delivery of that service to members can be improved within that environment.
Reporting to the Gym & Studio Manager (Health Club Manager in his/her absence) you will be required to fulfil a variety of roles within the facility throughout a working day. Shift work over the seven days of the week and bank holidays is included
Hours: 40 hours per week
- Weekdays: 6.00am to 9.30pm
- Saturdays: 6.30am to 8.30pm
- Sundays: 7.00am to 8.30pm
- Bank Holidays: 7.30am to 8.30pm
Job Description – essential criteria
- Complete initial consultations and programme updates as and when they are booked whilst ensuring that any exercise routine prescribed is both safe and effective.
- Complete personal training sessions, not exceeding a limit of 25 sessions (additional £12.50 per session) in your ‘contracted hours’ and 25 sessions (additional £25.00 per session) outside of contracted hours.
- Instruct ‘aerobics’ classes as part of the timetable where appropriate up to a maximum of 2 per week (excluding covering classes and paid an additional £17.50 per session in hours, £25 out of hours)
- Ensure that any materials produced for members (i.e. programme card, appointment cards) are clearly presented and easy to understand.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Maintain a clean working environment for yourself and members.
- Keep knowledge up to date and always look to develop understanding in other areas of exercise.
- Cover the Health Club reception should you be required to do so.
- Ensure members, guests and staff, observe club rules and enforce them where necessary.
- Follow all other procedures that may be arranged so that the facility operates in a safe and functionally efficient manner.
- Perform reasonable duties as specified by the Health Club Manager, Assistant Health Club Manager, Chief Executive or member of the clubs senior management team.
- Deliver a friendly welcome for all members and their guests upon entering the Gym & Health Club.
- Assist all members who have queries complaints or require information, in a polite, friendly and helpful manner.
- Be presentable at all times whilst at work with a clean and tidy issued uniform with name badge on display.
- Comply with all operating procedures of the Company.
- Undertake any specific tasks relating to new initiatives, special events and special customer needs.
- Adhere to all regulations and legislation relating to working with children.
- Maintain a professional attitude towards work and ensure operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Personable manner
- Ability to work well as part of a Team
- Good communication skills
- Smart appearance
- Basic IT skills
The above job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out tasks as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
In return we offer a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, uniform, meals whilst on duty, use of facilities and generous pension scheme after a qualifying period