Health Club Operations Manager - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Health Club Operations Manager - Roehampton Club, London
Reporting to: Health Club Manager
Circa £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
Permanent contract 40 hours a week on a 7 day rota of varying shift times to include weekends and bank holidays, candidates will ideally benefit from living in close proximity to the Club.
Roehampton Club is London’s premier private members multisport club with a membership of 5,000 and an annual turnover of £10M. We offer our members a wide range of sports including golf, tennis, Health Club, squash and a full catering provision, all delivered to the highest standards.
We were awarded UK Sports Club of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 and hold the Club 59 Gold Flag for Customer Service. We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation, demonstrating our commitment to the training and development of our staff.
Our Health Club underwent a £4m refurbishment in 2018, which included a new out door pool, gym and three studios. We are now currently seeking a Health Club Operations Manager who can inspire lead the Leisure Assistant team.
The Health Club Operations Manager reports to the Health Club Manager and has line management responsibility for the safe and efficient day to day operation of the Health Club and the lifeguard team. You are responsible for delivering all NPLQ training on a monthly basis to your team. Support in the creating and managing of all recreational programmes, leisure activities plus the planning and staffing of the Health Club.
- RLSS NPLQ Trainer Assessor qualification - desirable
- Valid NPLQ - desirable
- Assist with the management of the safe operation of all plant, the two swimming pools, spa pool and associated areas in line with industry standards along with implementing a clear maintenance programme.
- Implement a tight control of all cost areas including; wages; consumables; shop stock; shrinkage; chemical usage; cleaning materials; clothing allowances etc.
- Monitor pool chemical levels and perform area sweeps to fulfil Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Acting as Health Club Duty Manager on a rota basis.
- Setting work rotas for all areas; pools, reception, and collating all the figures for the Health Club Manager to review payroll on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety issues within the workplace are considered and where necessary procedures implemented and enforced.
- Suitability to work well within a team
- Manage the Health Club training records to ensure that all training records are kept up to date to club standards and RLSS standards.
- Ensure the lifeguard team are fully trained on all Roehampton Club information and processes so we exceed member service expectations.
- Assist in the management of ESP (Operational booking system) to ensure the successful operation of all booking systems.
- Work to achieve monthly & annual budgeted targets. With a focus on swimming, junior activities & payroll
- Analysing usage data to maximise staffing levels to best achieve budgeted targets.
- Staff Management: manage the recruitment, selection, induction training and development of all Leisure Assistants and Swimming Instructor staff. Manage staff in line with Club policies and keep accurate records of training, attendance, holiday and performance.
- Carry out DBS checks and ensure Safeguarding remains a primary focus within the department.
- Follow all other procedures that may be arranged so that the facility operates in a safe and functionally efficient manner.
- Supervise junior members of staff and look to develop their skills by coaching and mentoring when appropriate.
- Oversee the Health Club section on the Club website, update weekly and monthly news as well as changes to programming and other information relevant to Health Club.
- Circulating medical forms and collating information in ESP.
- Compiling and maintaining computerised parent/guardian contact details list.
This job description for a Health Club Operations Manager is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out tasks as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
- Competitive salary
- Generous company pension after a qualifying period
- Use of Club sporting facilities
- Death in service
- Staff Fund of £350 paid twice yearly after probation has been passed
- Uniform provided
- Meals whilst on duty
- Excellent training and development opportunities
To apply send CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to Luke Fenton, Health Club Manager
Apply for Health Club Operations Manager - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly