Leisure Assistant (Lifeguard) - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Health Club Contracted Leisure Assistants (Lifeguards) - London SW15
£21,000 - £21,740 per annum
Roehampton Club is London’s premier private members multi-sport club, offering a wide range of sports including golf, tennis, Health Club, squash and a full catering provision, delivered to the highest standards.
Our Health Club currently is looking for students interested in a career within the Leisure Industry and we have positions open for Leisure Assistants. For this role you need to have a NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard qualification, but for the right candidate we would pay for this as part of your employment contract.
The position of a Leisure Assistant is an area where we have the opportunity to deliver great service and as such the individual in this position must be professional at all times. This person will take pride in their place of work and service to members.
- Deliver a friendly welcome for all members and their guests upon entering the Health Club.
- Ensure the procedure for the entry of members and their guests is carried out in a professional, efficient and courteous manner and log every member and guest in the correct way.
- Assist members who have queries, complaints or require information in a polite and friendly manner
- Lifeguard the pool/s when required to do so, or when asked by the Health Club Manager or Duty Manager on shift.
- Assist and supervise members and their guests in their use of the facilities, ensuring their safety and wellbeing at all times.
- Ensure members, guests and staff, observe club rules and enforce them where necessary.
- Perform reasonable duties as specified by the Health Club or Club’s senior management team
- Adhere to all regulations and legislation relating to working with children.
- Administer first aid where suitably qualified, in accordance with Company procedures.
- Undertake poolside duties ensuring the safety of the public and colleagues at all times.
- To maintain a professional attitude towards work and ensure operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
While full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Must be NPLQ Qualified
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Experience of Life Guarding ideally in a similar environment an advantage
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Excellent customer care skills including respecting internal and external customers
- Strong team player and good communicator
- Excellent timekeeping
Benefits include: competitive salary, uniform and meals while on duty, pension, use of facilities after qualifying period.
Apply for Leisure Assistant (Lifeguard) - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly