Personal Trainer - London
- Job Type
- Part Time
Health Club Casual Fitness Trainer - London SW15
The position of Fitness Trainer is an area where we have the opportunity to deliver great service and as such the individual in this position must be professional at all times; have limitless enthusiasm; be flexible; willing to embrace change and challenges; and have a commitment to deliver that first-class service to the membership. This person will take pride in their place of work and always look at how the delivery of that service to members can be improved within that environment.
Reporting to the Gym and Studios Manager (or Health Club Manager in his/her absence) you will be required to fulfil a variety of roles within the facility throughout a working day. Shift work over the seven days of the week and bank holidays is included.
Minimum 12 hours per week - Sat & Sun
Saturdays - 8am to 2.30pm
Sundays - 8am to 2.30pm
- Complete initial consultations and programme updates as and when they are booked whilst ensuring that any exercise routine prescribed is both safe and effective.
- Instruct ‘aerobics’ classes as part of the timetable where appropriate up to a maximum of 2 per week (excluding covering classes and paid an additional £17.50 per session in hours, £25 out of hours)
- Ensure that any materials produced for members (i.e. programme card, appointment cards) are clearly presented and easy to understand.
- Maintain a clean working environment for yourself and members.
- Keep knowledge up to date and always look to develop understanding in other areas of exercise.
- Cover the Health Club reception should you be required to do so.
- Ensure members, guests and staff, observe club rules and enforce them where necessary.
- Follow all other procedures that may be arranged so that the facility operates in a safe and functionally efficient manner.
- Perform reasonable duties as specified by the Gym and Studios Manager, Health Club Manager, Assistant Health Club Manager, Chief Executive or member of the clubs senior management team.
- Deliver a friendly welcome for all members and their guests upon entering the Gym & Health Club.
- Assist all members who have queries complaints or require information, in a polite, friendly and helpful manner.
- Be presentable at all times whilst at work with a clean and tidy issued uniform with name badge on display.
- Comply with all operating procedures of Roehampton Club.
- Undertake any specific tasks relating to new initiatives, special events and special customer needs.
- Adhere to all regulations and legislation relating to working with children.
- Maintain a professional attitude towards work and ensure operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Work as a team player and support other Roehampton Club Staff at all times
- Personable manner
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Smart appearance
- Basic IT skills
- Level 2 Fitness Trainer qualification
£8.50 per hour & Benefits include
Uniform, meal whilst on duty, generous pension and use of facilities after a qualifying period.
Please send a CV with a covering letter detailing how you meet the key criteria.
Closing date: 12th May 2019