Racquets Director - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Racquets Director - Roehampton, London
Reports to the Chief Executive
Responsible for: Racquets Manager, Tennis Manager, Squash and Tennis Professionals and Assistants
The Racquets Director will be responsible for the delivery of all social, coaching and competitive aspects of the Club’s tennis, squash and racquet sports programme.
The Director will work closely with the Racquets and Tennis Managers to inspire Members to participate in the best structured racquets (tennis, squash, padel, table tennis) programme for all ages and abilities.
The role will focus on overseeing:
- Supervisory management of the Club’s Racquets Manager and Tennis Manager, supporting both roles to administer their sports and manage their teams
- To work closely with the Chief Executive, Tennis Committee Chairman and Tennis Liaison Director to provide the best managed tennis programme
- To look to increase adult and junior member participation in all the Club’s racquet sports.
- All tennis court bookings and court allocations
- All Adult and Junior Coaching Programmes
- All Adult and Junior Social events
- Member Club Afternoon and Evening sessions
- Junior Match Plays
- Individual and Group Coaching
- Inter Club Matches both Adult and Junior including catering arrangements and match reports
- Men’s and Ladies Team Training
- Internal Club Championships, Tournaments and leagues
- To oversee the co-ordination of the Wimbledon ballot for members
- Management of full time and part time Club Tennis Professionals
- Work closely with the Racquets Manager/Head Squash Professional to manage the Squash/Padel tennis coaches
- Ensure racquets department is meeting health and safety/safeguarding requirements
- Ensure compliance with up-to-date medical information and GDPR
- Oversee facility management and enforce Club rules such as court bookings
- Work with grounds staff to ensure facilities are presented in top condition
- Assist with operation of external events such as Gant Championship, Grand Slam and Tennis Ventures
- Oversee stringing service/racquet shop whilst working closely with Racquets Manager
- Work with governing bodies to ensure accreditation is maintained
- Contribute to Club publications such as Recorder/Round Up/Squash Scene
- Other racquets related matters as necessary
Above all the role will be responsible for the establishment of a well structured and balanced development programme for Tennis and Squash at the Club commensurate with Roehampton Club’s reputation as London’s premier multi sports Club
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Proven people management skills
- Proven record of successful programming and coaching development in tennis (and other racket sports)
- LTA Tennis Coaching qualification (Level 5 Master, desirable)
- Ensure racquets section meets all health & safety and safeguarding requirements.
- DBS (CRB) checked, First Aid certificate
- Experience of working within a team and understanding Club Member needs.
- Experience of using Word and Excel
- Communicate clearly and persuasively, in a way that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Understand and analyse both simple and complex issues.
- Reach sound conclusions about people and situations.
- Develop staff to excel at their jobs
- Focus on the member and find ways to meet their needs and expectations.
- Run and maintain effective systems and processes.
This role sits on the Clubs’ Senior Management Team with the Racquets Director undertaking general management duties in common with the other Senior Managers, including taking part in the weekend Duty Manager Rota.
Competitive salary, payment for coaching if approved in advance, life insurance, private health care, meals whilst on duty, uniform, use of facilities, generous pension scheme.