Leisure Assistant - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Full time Leisure Assistants - Roehampton Club
Reporting to: Health Club Assistant Manager Operations
Permanent contract – 40 hours per week
Starting Salary £20,160
Roehampton Club is London’s premier private members multisport club. We have recently upgraded our outdoor pool and are now expanding our team of Leisure Assistants, seeking Full time lifeguards to work 40 hours per week, working various shifts to include weekends and bank holidays.
The position of Leisure Assistant is an area where you have the opportunity to deliver great service, and must be professional at all times; have limitless enthusiasm; be flexible; willing to embrace change and challenges; and have a commitment to deliver excellent customer service to the membership. You will take pride in your work and always look at how delivery of service to members can be improved.
- To deliver great service, Lifeguard the indoor and outdoor pools, ensuring member safety and wellbeing at all times.
- Meet and greet, deal with enquires and take bookings and payments from members in person or over the phone whilst working at the Health Club reception
- Ensure members, guests and staff, observe club rules and enforce them where necessary.
- Undertake daily checklist and make sure emergency reference file forms are filled out in a timely manner.
- Carry out and record water quality tests to monitor bathing conditions and to report to Duty Manager when these do not fall within set parameters.
- Monitor the delivery and collection of clean and used towels, in relation to the stock audit.
- Maintain NPLQ qualification and attend and record monthly training sessions.
While full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Must Be NPLQ Qualified
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Experience of Life Guarding ideally in a similar environment
- Experience in using booking management software is desirable but not essential
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Excellent customer care skills including respecting internal and external customers
- Good knowledge of database and cashing up management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Smart appearance
- Strong team player and good communicator
- Excellent timekeeping
Benefits include: competitive salary, meals while on duty, use of Club facilities after a qualifying period, death in service of 4 x salary, training support and pension
If you are not NPLQ qualified please DO NOT apply. Otherwise, to apply: send a CV with a covering letter detailing how you meet the key criteria