Bar Assistant - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Bar Assistant - Roehampton Club
Reporting to the Bar and Functions Manager
Full Time Contract – 40 hours per week. 5 days over a 7 day rota
Location: London SW15
The Roehampton Club is one of London’s premier private members multisport clubs. We offer a wide range of sports including Golf, tennis, Health Club and Squash and a wide catering provision, delivered to the highest standards of quality. Significant investment is being made to enhance the standards across the club with the goal of achieving excellence in all areas. The club’s six catering outlets include events, carvery and retail style outlets.
We are seeking to recruit a full-time Bar Assistant within our professional Food & Beverage Department. The role would be to support the F&B Management team by co-operating and performing to the optimum best potential on an everyday basis.
- To implement the set-up and refresh when necessary the sports Bar and banqueting rooms and any other public areas as deemed necessary
- To be able to serve Food & Beverage and contribute to upselling as and when possible
- To handle cash and take payments for goods in accordance with Club procedures
Whilst full training will be given, the successful candidate must be able to offer the following key criteria:
- Experience of working in a similar environment working in bars for at least 1 year with references available from employers recognised for their high quality standards
- Proven history of: high working output, producing work of the highest quality standard, being a positive member of a large professional catering team and possessing a strong desire to be the best
- Experience of Stock Control and Beer Line cleaning. (Training will be provided)
- Considerable knowledge about Wine, Beer and Spirits.
- Professionally well groomed
- Good time management skills
- Willing to work as part of a team, whilst using own initiative when required
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety and hygiene practices at work
Benefits include: Competitive salary, uniform, meals whilst on duty, use of Club facilities, pension and staff bonus after a qualifying period, death in service of 4 x salary, training support.