Fitness Trainer - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Fitness Trainer - London
To provide a first class service of all aspects of fitness to the Membership.
- Complete initial consultations and programme updates as and when they are booked whilst ensuring that any exercise routine prescribed is both safe and effective.
- Complete a maximum of 25 personal training sessions inside of contracted hours.
- Complete a maximum of 25 personal training sessions (£20.00 per session) outside of contracted hours
- Instruct ‘aerobics’ classes as part of the timetable where appropriate up to a maximum of 2 per week (excluding covering classes and paid an additional £17.50 per session in hours, £25 out of hours)
- Ensure that any materials produced for members (i.e. programme card, appointment cards) are clearly presented and easy to understand.
- Maintain a clean working environment for yourself and members.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in the industry and always look to develop understanding in other areas of exercise.
- Cover the Health Club reception should you be required to do so.
- Ensure members, guests and staff, observe club rules and enforce them where necessary.
- Follow all other procedures that may be arranged so that the facility operates in a safe and functionally efficient manner.
- Perform reasonable duties as specified by the Health Club Manager, Assistant Health Club Manager, Chief Executive or member of the Clubs Senior Management Team.
- Deliver a friendly welcome for all members and their guests upon entering the Gym & Health Club.
- Assist all members who have queries complaints or require information, in a polite, friendly and helpful manner.
- Be presentable at all times whilst at work with a clean and tidy issued uniform with name badge on display.
- Comply with all operating procedures of the Company.
- Undertake any specific tasks relating to new initiatives, special events and special customer needs.
- Adhere to all regulations and legislation relating to working with children.
- Maintain a professional attitude towards work and ensure operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Friendly and motivating manner.
- Team player
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Punctual and Reliable
- Good general IT skills.
- YMCA Level 3 Personal Training Certificate or equivalent.
- Exercise to Music' or experience in teaching a variety of classes
- Aqua Aerobics Instructor qualification
The above job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out tasks as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a CV together with a covering letter outlining their suitability for the role to Emily Hurse