Lifeguard - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Lifeguard (Full Time) - Roehampton, London
Health Club Full Time Lifeguard
Reporting to the Health Club Assistant Manager Operations
Permanent contract – 40 hours per week (various shift work to include early mornings, late evenings and weekends)
Location: London SW15
Roehampton Club is London’s premier private members multisport club, offering a wide range of sports including golf, tennis, Health Club, squash and a full catering provision, delivered to the highest standards. We also offer Members and their Guests a programme of social events, sports competitions and coaching. Significant investment is being made to enhance the standards across the club with the goal of achieving excellence in all areas. The Club has 5100 members (3700 adults and 1400 juniors).
The Health Club is looking for a Full time lifeguard to work 40 hours per week, working various shifts to include weekends and bank holidays.
The position of a Leisure Assistant is an area where we have the opportunity to deliver great service and as such the individual in this position must be professional at all times; have limitless enthusiasm; be flexible; willing to embrace change and challenges; and have a commitment to deliver excellent service to the membership. This person will take pride in their place of work and always look at how the delivery of that service to members can be improved within that environment. They will assist in the efficient and effective daily running of the facility.
- Deliver a friendly welcome for all members and their guests upon entering the Health Club.
- Ensure the procedure for the entry of members and their guests is carried out in a professional, efficient and courteous manner and log every member and guest in the correct way.
- Deal with enquires and take bookings and payments from members in person or over the phone.
- Assist all members who have queries complaints or require information, in a polite, friendly and helpful manner.
- Lifeguard the pool/s when required to do so, or when asked by the Health Club Manager or Duty Manager on shift.
- Assist and supervise members and their guests in their use of the facilities, ensuring their safety and wellbeing at all times.
- Be presentable at all times whilst at work with a clean and tidy issued uniform with name badge on display. Footwear must be either trainers or flip flops.
- Ensure members, guests and staff, observe club rules and enforce them where necessary.
- Follow all other procedures that may be arranged so that the facility operates in a safe and functionally efficient manner.
- Perform reasonable duties as specified by the Health Club Manager, Health Club Assistant Manager, Health Club Duty Managers, Chief Executive or member of the clubs senior management team.
- Maintain a clean working environment in reception and back office area.
- Ensure daily checklist and emergency reference file forms are filled out in a timely manner.
- Carry out and record water quality tests to monitor bathing conditions and to report to Duty Manager when these do not fall within set parameters.
- Monitor the delivery and collection of clean and used towels, in relation to the stock audit.
- Monitor retail stock levels twice daily.
- Maintain NPLQ qualification and attend and record monthly training sessions.
- Clock in and out via hand reader and have clear understanding of lateness disciplinary procedure.
- Supervise junior members of staff and look to develop their skills by coaching and mentoring when appropriate.
- Understand and implement the One Team Practices daily
- Ensure Health Club notices are current and within date
- Ensure all cashing ups are correct - shortfalls should be answered for.
- Ensure timetables and leaflets are fully stocked at reception desk
- Undertake administration tasks as necessary.
- Set up and dismantle equipment as determined by the programme, in a proper and safe manner.
- Carry out regular routine inspections of pool area in order to ensure satisfactory operation and maintenance of safety standards.
- Adhere to all regulations and legislation relating to working with children.
- Administer first aid where suitably qualified, in accordance with Company procedures.
- Undertake poolside duties ensuring the safety of the public and colleagues at all times.
- Participate in the organisation, supervision and promotion of activities, achieving maximum usage levels for all sessions.
- Undertake any specific tasks relating to new initiatives, special events and special customer needs.
- Comply with all operating procedures of the Company.
- Assist members with regard to lost property, use of equipment and provide general information regarding the facility.
- To maintain a professional attitude towards work and ensure operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
While full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Must Be NPLQ Qualified
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Experience of Life Guarding ideally in a similar environment
- Experience in using booking management software is desirable but not essential
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Excellent customer care skills including respecting internal and external customers
- Good knowledge of database and cashing up management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Smart appearance
- Strong team player and good communicator
- Excellent timekeeping
Benefits include: competitive salary, meals while on duty, use of Club facilities after a qualifying period, death in service of 4 x salary, training support and pension.
If you are not NPLQ qualified please DO NOT apply. Otherwise, to apply:
Send a CV with a covering letter detailing how you meet the key criteria.