Seasonal Guest Services Assistant - The Seafood Restaurant
- Rick Stein
- £10.60 per hour plus tips
- 16 Mar 2023
- 29 Mar 2023
- The Seafood Restaurant
- Pay - £10.60 per hour
- Plus up to £6,000 per year in tips (based on last year's earnings, paid weekly)
- Flexible shifts
- A top 100 Best Company to work for
- You will need to be over 25 and have a full clean driving license (for insurance terms)
We are looking for a warm and enthusiastic Guest Services Assistant/Receptionist to join our friendly Guest Services team looking after our hotel bedrooms across Padstow, based on the hotel & restaurant reception at the iconic Seafood Restaurant.
This is a seasonal role from April to October.
We see ourselves as being in the “cheering up industry” trying to make people smile with great food, drink and experiences.
What you’ll be getting up to
- The warmest welcomes and friendly goodbyes for all our hotel & restaurant guests
- Making sure our residents have the best stay possible
- Assisting with hosting in the Seafood Restaurant
- Assisting guests with carrying luggage and parking as well as providing a Landrover pick up service from the car park
- Dealing with enquiries and restaurant bookings
Grow your career with us
We're not just passionate about food, we're passionate about developing our people too. 75% of our managers have been promoted from within and we want to help you fulfil your potential. We'll invest in you with:
- Craft skills and training (wine and food tastings, supplier visits) to develop your knowledge and confidence
- Opportunities to move between parts of our business
- Encouragement to apply for bigger roles when the time is right
- Regular encouragement and support from your manager
- Flexible shifts. Family time and work/life balance is important to us, we'll work with you to find the shifts that work for your lifestyle, and full time employees can request to work a four-day week.
- Brilliant tips. On top of your salary you'll earn tips and these are paid weekly into your bank, aren't subject to NI deductions and you'll even get tips when you're on holiday!
- Staff discounts. You'll get 50% off in our restaurants, 20% in our shops and online and discounted hotel stays and cookery courses. (Plus double discount in the shops in the run up to Christmas).
- Free meal for two. After one year with us, you'll get a complimentary 3 course meal for two people in one of our restaurants every year.
- Social events. You'll get the chance to meet Rick and the family at fun social events and parties.
- Plenty of food. We provide great quality meals whilst on duty, the chance to taste all our dishes as well drinks and snacks whilst you're on a break.
- Staff surprises. We like to make you smile, so there'll be little treats from us throughout the year.
- Holiday. You'll get 28 days paid holiday every year which starts to increase after 2 years.
Rick and Jill Stein started our family run business back in 1975, and today we employ over 600 happy staff. The business has grown from the first flagship Seafood Restaurant in Padstow to 10 restaurants across the south of England, plus hotel rooms, cookery school, shops and an online shop. Rick and Jill are still heavily involved in the business, as are their three sons Ed, Jack and Charlie.
Good to know...
- Parking – there is plenty of free parking available in Padstow.
- Travel to work – Padstow is on the bus route from Bodmin, Wadebridge and Newquay with regular buses throughout the day.
- You can cycle safely to work from Bodmin and Wadebridge to Padstow along the Camel Trail.
- Uniform - You’ll need smart black shoes and black trousers. We will provide your top.
Say Hello -
We'd love to hear from you - to apply email your cv to elliecorbin[at]rickstein.com or click apply to submit a quick application.