Kitchen Porter - The Wellington Arms
Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Red Mist Leisure?
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter, to join our team at The Wellington Arms pub, hotel & events venue located in the beautiful Wellington Estate in Stratfield Turgis, between Basingstoke and Reading.
Opened in November 2018, The Wellington Arms underwent a complete refurbishment of its pub, 25 bedrooms and function suite.
You will be an enthusiastic person who shares our passion for great service, food and cleanliness standards. You will be a highly valued and crucial part of the kitchen team as you will help to ensure that the whole kitchen operation runs smoothly by keeping things consistently clean and tidy.
- Hourly wage of £7.00 to £9.00 per hour
- Share of gratuities circa £3,500 per annum, paid monthly
- £500 retention bonus
Our support to you
- Free meals on duty
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs for up to 4 people
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- Increased annual leave through length of service
- 3% maximum pension contribution
- Reduced rate if you wish to join the private healthcare scheme with Westfield Health
- Our new induction programme and Career Path offers structured development and career progression, supporting in being ready for new opportunities within a growing business.
- Monthly & annual ‘Shining Star’ nominations and awards
- Regular social events, familiarisation trips and in-house team competitions
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more…
- Involvement in our charity days and events
- Refer a friend and earn up to £1,000
What we need from you
- A passion for great food. We want our menu and specials to express real enthusiasm and love for the fresh ingredients and food
- A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
- An honest, dedicated and hardworking approach
- Enthusiasm. You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results
- A great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and team members
- Adaptability to be able to work at our other sites within the group as required
- Respect for your colleagues and company equipment
- To be able to maintain consistently exceptional levels of cleanliness