Sous Chef (Chef)
- Job Type
- Full Time
Sous Chef – Live in Accommodation Available
The Duke of Cambridge, Tilford – www.dukeofcambridgetilford.co.uk
- Annual salary circa £30,000 per annum
- Annual bonus based on agreed criteria and targeted results, paid annually
- Share of gratuities circa £4,550 per annum, paid monthly
- £500 retention bonus
Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Red Mist Leisure, supporting in our accelerated growth and development from this year?
We are looking for an experienced Sous chef to join our management team at our Duke of Cambridge pub, located in the picturesque village of Tilford, in Farnham.
We believe in rewarding loyalty and highly value the well-being and happiness of our staff, believing in being open, honest, and fair.
Other support to our Sous Chef
- 3% maximum pension contribution
- 30% discount on food and drink at any Red Lion Holdings pub
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- Increased annual leave through length of service
- Early access to wages via Wagestream
- Free meals on duty
- A clear induction programme and career path with structured development and opportunities to move between existing and new pubs
- Exciting social events, in-house competitions, and recognition awards
- A supportive inclusive environment with a genuine concern for your happiness and wellbeing
- Access to Perkbox, offering wellbeing support, staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more.
- Involvement in our charity days and events
- Refer a friend and earn up to £1,000
You will be a motivated Sous Chef who shares our passion for great food. You will be strong and enthusiastic, leading from the front with proven capability of developing, managing and motivating kitchen teams.
This role will give you the opportunity to evolve the specials menu and exceed budgeted commercial expectations through a clear understanding of GP, P&L and labour costs.
You will work closely with the Head Chef and company Directors as a key contributor to the success of the pub.
You will also be key to ensuring a high level of quality fresh, local and seasonal food, to build the strength of our reputation and be first choice in our customer’s eyes.
As the Sous Chef you will:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a fresh lead kitchen
- Food Hygiene level 2
- City & Guilds / NVQ qualification or qualified by experience
- The ability to take the lead when necessary and have the experience to ensure the kitchen operation runs smoothly
- Have a passion for great food and a customer focussed mindset
- Be honest, dedicated, and hardworking approach
- Have Enthusiasm take real pride in achieving exceptional results
- Be adaptable and have a great sense of humour!
- Be able to maintain consistently exceptional levels of cleanliness
- Consistently create great food and set an excellent example in the kitchen team
- Be patient and Support with developing others in the kitchen team
- Ambition and drive to keep learning and to succeed
- Take pride in high standards, ensuring that health and safety procedures are maintained properly
#immediatestart #souschef #chefjobs