Food & Beverage Assistant
- Job Type
- Part Time
The Grand Central Hotel is situated within Grand Central Station in the heart of Glasgow's city centre, boasting 230 bedrooms, 21 meeting rooms and a Grand Ballroom that holds up to 400 guests.
Our Conference & Banqueting department is responsible for all of our hotel events such as corporate meetings in the daytime and large dinners and social events in the evening, as part of this responsibility, the team's main focus is to ensuring that these events are ran smoothly and all clients' needs and wants are met and exceeded.
As a Food and Beverage Assistant, you’ll be responsible for delivering the highest standard of Food and Beverages to all our customers, in order to ensure guest satisfaction. Serving customers in a friendly and professional manner, you’ll ensure their food and drinks arrive smoothly and efficiently. You’ll always be focused on great customer experience and exceptional customer service.
You'll have a passion for working within Hospitality and enjoy being an active member of a large, diverse team.
Your day to day
Your main duties on a day to day basis;
- Ensuring that all food and beverages are served smoothly and efficiently to all guests
- Delivering the highest possible standards of customer service and treating all guests with respect
- To lay tables to the set standard for either Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
- Ensuring that all areas of work are kept clean and tidy at all times, as well as carrying out other cleaning duties as outlined on the cleaning rota
- To carry out all other duties as reasonably requested by your Supervisors or Management Team
What we need from you
Essential traits in a candidate;
- Previous experience in a similar role dealing with food and beverages
- A passion for working within the Hospitality Industry
- Availability to work to a fully flexible shift pattern including evenings and weekends
- Confidence to undertake and manage tasks as an individual
- Confidence to work as part of a large team
What we offer
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- A generous tips process
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Benefits platform which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Uniform provided