Rewards and Benefits
Here at Princess, we understand how challenging it can be for our crew to work away from home for such substantial periods of time. Therefore, as a company we strive to give you all the necessary resources and comforts that enable you to be The Consummate Host for our guests.
While working onboard, you can enjoy the following living essentials provided by the company:
- Furnished living accommodations
- Crew-specific cafeterias (also known as the Crew Mess) with a variety of menu items from around the world
- Laundry facilities and services
- Crew Store with discounted convenience items such as toiletries and snacks
- CrewCard pay system to help you manage your finances at home while working at sea
Being The Consummate Host requires energy and attention to detail. We want to help you unwind after a day of serving our guests. Here are some of the benefits and programs we offer:
- Recreation rooms dedicated to crew member activities which include a DVD library, bicycle rentals (for port days), Wii video games, and a general lounge area.
- Crew Wi-fi and discounted Internet services to help you stay in touch with your family and friends at home
- Crew Bar with discounted drinks
- Crew Gym
- Crew Pool
Cruise Programs & Benefits
We invest in our seagoing staff and offer the following programs:
- Discover U to help you advance your career
- Loyalty & Recognition Programs
- Health Wise, our in-house wellness program to help you stay fit
- Medical care while onboard from our dedicated Medical team
- Crew Assistance Program, providing legal and financial counseling as well as help with personal issues
Princess offers other travel-related benefits to employees, supplementary and extended leave, plus reimbursement of certain visa expenditures.
Cruise policies & Visa Reimbursement
- In addition to the standard 45-60 day leave that all employees receive, the company offers supplementary leave alternatives based on the needs of qualifying individuals.
- Our extended leave program is offered exclusively for crew members with at least five years of continuous service. There is no guaranteed entitlement to an extended leave.
- The company will reimburse visa expenditures to the extent any such visa (except for the crew member’s first C1/D) is needed for the crew member to travel to/from the ship in accordance to MLC 2006 regulations.
- Princess reimburses domestic airport baggage fees for up to two bags. Excess baggage fees beyond airline restrictions are the responsibility of the crew member.
- In the event that your baggage is lost en route to a ship or returning home from a ship, Princess has robust policies in place to provide you with assistance until your baggage can be recovered.