Assistant Purser - Nationwide
Princess Cruises – Assistant Purser
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 17 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew. Join our team and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
Working for Princess Cruises is ideal if you are looking to take your career to the next level and enjoy a challenging and unique multicultural environment. As an Assistant Purser, you will be responsible for providing exceptional genuine and personalised guest service with friendliness, empathy, knowledge and care with the goal of exceeding guests’ expectations in line with the company’s strategy and Core Values.
Job responsibilities include:
- Supervises a team of Guest Services professionals in delivering exceptional service to our guests and crew, including but not limited to: financial transactions, lost luggage, stateroom changes, lost and found, printing and issuing of guest cruise cards / OCEAN Medallions, selling of onboard amenities and broadcasting of ship announcements.
- Nurtures and develops the Guest Services team through meaningful one on one coaching sessions and targeted team training.
- Completes end of contract evaluations for direct reports.
- Conducts periodic route cause analysis to identify operational improvements, always seeking opportunities to elevate the guest experience.
- Provides accurate information and answers to guest / crew questions, requests or concerns.
- Documents and ensures a satisfactory and timely resolution of guest service issues by being proactive in identifying solutions, including service recovery and following up effectively.
- Displays exceptional listening skills, strong communication and organizational skills and genuine social skills.
- Assists the Guest Services Manager or Crew Manager in preparing guest / crew documentation or reconciling various charges as required.
- Maintains the utmost level of professionalism with respect to appearance and demeanour at all times.
All duties must be completed in accordance with the company Core Values and all aspects of the CRUISE Program.
- Graduate of a recognized hotel or business school or previous experience as a Front Desk Receptionist
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of computer based programs
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Fantastic attitude and a natural love and ability for dealing with complex issues in a guest facing environment.
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. Our crew members are afforded comfortable, single berth accommodation with officer steward service, meals and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness centre, pool and a recreation centre.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for an onboard opportunity today, visit the Careers pages on the Princess Cruises website r email your CV quoting reference AP/L.J.19.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.
Apply for Assistant Purser - Nationwide
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly