IT Officer - Nationwide
- Job Type
- Full Time
Princess Cruises - IT Office - Nationwide
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 17 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew. Join our team and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
The onboard Information Technology team manages and supports all shipboard IT systems and operations while also providing maximum system use. The onboard team works closely with our shore side IT department to continually improve our shipboard systems and technology. The focus is always on the guest experience and maintaining safe operations. We do this by keeping informed of the latest technological advancements, and providing service excellence in all aspects of technology.
The IT Officer is responsible for the maintenance, operation, and support of all onboard computer systems, mobile devices, physical and virtual servers, networks, point-of-sale terminals, network equipment, and peripherals. This consists primarily of level 1 and 2 support as well as system monitoring and troubleshooting. The IT Officer works closely with the shore side IT group to ensure all onboard systems perform at optimum levels.
Minimum applicant requirements:
- Significant previous experience in areas of user support within a medium-sized LA
- A thorough knowledge of computer systems including but not limited to Linux, MS Office, Windows Client and Server editions
- Previous experience of troubleshooting PC hardware, software applications and network connectivity
- The ability to meet deadlines and maintain an attention to detail and accuracy while working under pressure in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to lift and carry IT equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Management or supervisory experience and a BSc or higher in computer science, MIS or related field is strongly preferred.
Princess Cruises cover the cost of flights, transfers, meals, uniform and all equipment used on the job.
To apply for an onboard opportunity today, please visit the Careers pages on the Princess Cruises website or email your CV quoting reference ITO/L.J.19.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.
Apply for IT Officer - Nationwide
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly