- Job Type
- Part Time
We are Places Leisure, part of the Places for People Group; we are placemakers; our work impacts on the lives of people across the U.K. – providing homes to live in, communities to retire to, spaces to stay active, supported homes for independent living, and student accommodation. Our places work when they work for everyone.
How do we do all this? By surrounding ourselves with active people, life changing people and customer focused people. Our people live and breathe our SPIRIT values; we are the place for spirited people.
So, we want you to join us and the 12,000 other colleagues on our journey; colleagues who have helped us create places, maintain 209,000 homes, manage £4.5 billion of assets, deliver £87.9m in social value and teach 80,000 children to swim each week.
More about your role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Swimming Teacher, at Places Leisure, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best. With your passion for teaching, swimming and excellent class programming and instructing skills, you will be full of enthusiasm whilst engaging with our customers and impressing them with your extensive knowledge and expertise.
All of our swimmer development stages are based on the National Plan for Teaching Swimming, and as such, our Swimming Teachers should hold a minimum of UKCC Level 2. It would be advantageous if you hold a Lifesaving Qualification (NPLQ or NRASTC), however, if you are a motivated and driven individual, then with our continuous learning and development opportunities, we would be happy to support you in achieving either of these qualifications.
There are many opportunities available for you within Places Leisure. Your career with us as a Swimming Teacher is a great first step to many different routes including a Swimming Co-ordinator and a Contract Swimming Development Manager.
In the Swimming Teacher role, we will offer ongoing training and development opportunities, including support with your NPLQ or NRASTC qualifications, enhancing your customer service skills and much more.
More about you
- Passionate about helping people of all ages learn to swim or become stronger, faster, or more confident when swimming.
- You will work with customers in groups and sometimes on a one-to-one basis to motivate and instruct them during their lessons.
- You will be a friendly, approachable, and patient individual with the ability to build trust, encourage and motivate your students.
- You will thrive on supporting students to achieve their potential, drawing on your continual knowledge and experience of industry best practice whilst applying teaching skills in the most effective way.
- Always looking to seek out development opportunities and potential ideas to further improve the service we provide.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.