Chef de Partie - Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
Chef de Partie - Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
As a Chef de Partie at Phyllis Court Club you will be part of a fresh food led kitchen environment achieving high standards of culinary expectation for our members. This role provides an opportunity to create an exceptional dining experience within our busy and vibrant kitchens, using fresh and seasonal produce.
With a seasonal changing menu, an emphasis on local ingredients and a good range of daily specials; you will be asked for ideas and encouraged to develop yourself craft wise. Our kitchens are modern, spacious and come well equipped. This is a great opportunity for a Chef de Partie who is serious about food.
This role provides the opportunity of a fantastic work/life balance, with the benefit of no split shifts. This is a full-time, salaried position working 40 hours per week. We have live in positions available for this role, our staff accommodation is situated in Henley and is available on request.
We believe that the skills you bring to the Club are just a starting point. We want you to have the opportunity to expand your abilities and innovate and develop in areas which both interest you and support your aspirations.
The role is very hands on, so a can do, and proactive approach is essential and forms part of our ‘One Team’ ethos.
- Working as part of a team to prepare & deliver food in all kitchens and to develop your skills within the kitchen team by working around the kitchen in different sections.
- Assist senior chefs with menu designs and food development.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a clean, tidy and timely manner.
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications.
- Ensure the staff food provision is monitored and delivered to an acceptable standard.
- Take every opportunity to discuss ideas with members & obtain constructive feedback.
- Ability to operate all the kitchen equipment with the correct training in a safe and proper manner.
- Maintain a clean working station whilst adhering to health & safety standards.
- Assist with the cleaning and organisation of kitchen and equipment.
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift.
- Assist with safe storage of deliveries.
- Actively participate and action the company’s Food Safety management system (Food Alert). to maintain the high levels of hygiene and health and safety.
- Ensure that all food is stored in the correct manner and that stock rotation is properly carried out.
- Be aware of Health and Safety at Work and Hygiene regulations and report any irregularities to the Senior Sous Chef or CEO.
- Understand and control stock in your particular area of the business ensuring wastage is controlled.
- Practice good personnel hygiene at all times to comply with the Club’s policies.
- Report all accidents to the Senior Chef on duty or the Duty Manager.
- Ensure good working relationships with kitchen personnel and all other departments within the Club setting an example to others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Passionate about working in hospitality.
- Previous experience working as a Chef de Partie in a busy kitchen environment.
- Great eye for detail and take pride in delivering beautiful and tasty food.
- Willing to work in different sections and kitchens (ballroom restaurant, tapas, take away, fine dining, & events) and have good all-round knowledge of a kitchen.
- Experience in planning menus and cooking dishes using fresh, seasonal produce.
- Be organised and able to work under pressure.
- Team player essential with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- High level of professionalism.
- Food Safety Level 2 and Food Allergen Certificate.
- Good personnel hygiene.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- Previous experience in a private members Club or similar environment.
- Experience in fine dining and or catering for large events.
- Experience using Fourth stock control system.
- First Aid trained or willingness to attain.
As well as the traditional benefits such as our pension scheme, life assurance and 28 days holiday each year (pro rata), you will enjoy extra perks when you join the team at Phyllis Court.
- Perkbox (discounts at high street retailers and restaurants)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and wellbeing support
- Meals and hot drinks while on duty
- Complimentary parking onsite
- Friends and family rates for hotel accommodation and special event bookings
- Friends and family tickets for Henley Royal Regatta
- Staff socials and events
- Automatic enrolment in the Club pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Staff accommodation on request