Wedding & Events Co-Ordinator - Tring
- Job Type
- Full Time
Wedding & Events Co-Ordinator - Pendley Manor, Tring
Salary: £19-£20K 40hrs 5 days out of 7 although only a few Sundays a year for wedding fayres
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an additional “Wedding and Events Co-Ordinator” to join our Sales & Events Team. We are looking for someone who will join our existing team to proactively sell the newly refurbished conference, wedding & banqueting facilities. The hotel is nearing the end of a multimillion pound refurbishment project where we will boast 86 brand new bedrooms and 12 meeting and event rooms.
An excellent team player with a keen eye for detail and effective communication with clients and the hotel teams are central to this role.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for delivering a great customer experience and a positive approach to excellent customer service. You will be used to working in a fast paced busy department often managing many events simultaneously. Working independently or as part of a team are essential for this role. Previous experience in a hotel sales environment with an understanding of hotel operations is preferred.
- To convert all incoming sales enquiries to ensure sales conversion; in line with company procedures.
- Show rounds to prospective clients.
- To maximise Meetings & Events revenue in line with company sales plan.
- Use of Opera PMS & Sales & Catering systems (experience advantageous, although full training will be given).
- Generating reports indicating business on the books.
- Completing, updating and maintaining client records and event information.
- Completing client contracts accurately with relevant detail to achieve client satisfaction and efficient execution of the meeting or event by the operational team.
- Compiling accurate operational team function sheets & attending weekly meetings.
- Follow up calls to previous week’s clients.
- Proactive focus on generating new client leads for the Director of Sales.
- Maintaining accurate filing systems for all correspondence.
- Building and maintaining relationships with Agents, Clients and preferred suppliers.