Head Chef - Zakynthos, Greece
Head Chef - Zakynthos, Greece
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to join us at the Peligoni Club this summer.
The Peligoni Club is a family run beach club in the secluded north of Zakynthos, Greece. Established over 30 years ago, we are a members only retreat for a fun-loving crowd, small and personal with a focus on quality over quantity.
With our season already underway, and with up to 360 guests joining us each week over our peak season, we need someone who is comfortable stepping into and assuming the lead with an existing team.
With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday. With three busy restaurants and our very own deli, our kitchen team provide an array of interesting varied meal options to suit all tastes.
The Terraces seat around 80 covers and is home to a menu featuring Mediterranean inspired dishes, prepared from an open air kitchen and Tasi provides an informal setting for a variety of delicate small plates, as well as serving a balance of healthy options and old favourites for breakfast. New this summer, we have created a third dining space in our stunning Courtyard which will feature a variety of barbeque dishes cooked over an open fire complemented by freshly prepared salads and sides.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and our dining options reflects this. The Courtyard hosts weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food. Once a week we host a dinner party in The Terraces, giving guests the opportunity to dress up for dinner and meet new people and our chefs the chance to really show off their culinary skills.
This is a challenging, yet extremely rewarding role that requires a passion for great food and service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what is a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Overall responsible for the day to day running of the club restaurants and food service areas
- Liaise with the Deli Head Chef to ensure minimum waste and determine where time can be saved by sharing preparation tasks
- Liaise with purchasing companies for food orders
- Maintain profit margins on food
- Produce menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Maintain a high standard of food with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations
- Ensure all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to keep a team motivated in a high pressured environment
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- Available from July to early November
- EU Passport Holder