Sous Chef - Grantley Arms, Wonersh
- Job Type
- Full Time
Sous Chef - Grantley Arms - Wonersh, Guildford
The Grantley Arms are looking for a committed Sous Chef with a real passion for cooking fresh food and experience working in a high-volume quality operation
We offer our Sous Chefs:
- Competitive basic salary plus tips
- Quarterly bonus worth up to £3,000 per annum
- 50% off peak discount on food throughout the company
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free meals on shift
- Free chef whites
- SimplyHealth cash plan - includes discounted local gym membership
- Generous recommend a friend bonus scheme
- Career development, training and support to progress your career
- Opportunities to move between pubs
- Modern, well equipped kitchens
- Working within a brigade of 8 chefs and 3 kitchen porters
This is a hands-on Sous Chef role and as well as managing the kitchen in the head chef’s absence, you will be involved in a variety of duties including: Fresh food preparation; managing wage targets; ordering and stock control; developing new dishes; adhering to food safety and cleaning standards; training and developing junior chefs; ensuring high standards are met.
The Grantley Arms is steeped in history and has been an active part of Wonersh Village for nearly 500 years. The building oozes charm and character with its original wooden beams and log fireplaces. We are part of Pearmain Pubs, a small group 7 independently owned 'smart pubs' located in Surrey and Middlesex. Each of our pubs has been carefully chosen and sympathetically restored, with quality interiors and beautiful gardens, casual enough to be comfortable, smart enough to feel special.
We offer informed, efficient & friendly service and great menus of fresh locally sourced ingredients, prepared on our premises and cooked to order by our enthusiastic and experienced chefs. All our staff are recruited for their outgoing and friendly personalities
If you like the sound of what we do and want to be part of Pearmain Pubs, we’d be pleased to hear from you.