Maintenance Manager - Vale of Glamorgan
- Job Type
- Full Time
Maintenance Manager - Vale of Glamorgan
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Legacy Leisure operates five leisure facilities across the Vale of Glamorgan working in partnership with the Vale of Glamorgan Council. This position is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join the Legacy Leisure team as part of the Wales and South West Region.
Reporting to the Contract Manager and part of the management team the successful candidate will be required to take overall responsibility for the maintenance of the facilities and support the operation of all five Leisure facilities including two swimming pools, four fitness gyms, studios, sports halls, and a health suite. Sites have in the last few years had some significant investment upgrading changing areas, fitness studios and gym more recently. Further plans for upgrading some sites this year are underway.
There will be an emphasis on growing the business, improving the customer experience and consistently enhancing both the financial performance and usage of the facilities. This role will be focused on keeping the facilities operational and looking for ways to improve the current site standards.
- Legacy Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
- Barry Leisure Centre is a large leisure facility operating with two gyms, two group exercise studios, six court sports hall, main and learner swimming pools. The facility also has nearly new renovations to its changing room facilities, and is due to experience a full gym refurbishment in November / December 2022.
- Colcot Sports Centre is a dryside facility with a 4 court sports hall, two 7 a side 3G pitches and four 5 a side 3G pitches.
- Cowbridge Leisure Leisure Centre is a facility with a CV gym, functional gym, studios, four court sports hall and a health suite. The CV gym is scheduled for refurbishment in November 2022.
- Penarth Leisure Centre is a large leisure facility operating with a gym, a brand new spin studio, another large group exercise studio, six court sports hall, squash courts, 25m six lane pool with a beach entry leisure pool and slide combination with a modern Health suite. The facility also has nearly new renovations to its changing room facilities.
- Llantwit Leisure Leisure Centre is a facility with a new refurbished gym, new spin studio, main studio, four court sports hall and 17m pool. Further investment is planned to upgrade changing areas and improve the customer experience in 2023
- At least three years of maintenance experience is essential.
- Strong practical skills are critical
- You should be comfortable with general maintenance of large buildings and management of a helpdesk function to support sites maintain
- A recognised qualification in Mechanical or Electrical engineering would be desirable.
- A good understand of Pool plant rooms and H&S would be desirable but not essential as training can be provided
- Effective communication with centre managers and duty managers within sites is important.
- You should also be able to demonstrate previous experience in managing contractors and getting the best from them
- This is a hands-on role although a basic understanding of email, excel and word is required.
- Flexibility and commitment to customer service are essential
What can Legacy Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary and excellent shift pattern
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Closing Date: 4th June (candidates would need to be available for interview 12th June)
About Legacy Leisure
Established to support a national legacy following the Olympics, Legacy Leisure seeks to educate, inspire and support physical activity, to enhance the lives of our patrons and enable long term positive lifestyle changes. Legacy Leisure is passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of our patrons, and aims to offer a diverse range of physical and cultural activities that will engage and invigorate communities, be it through sport, the arts or other activities.
Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.