Head Chef - Weybridge, Surrey
- Job Type
- Full Time
Head Chef - Weybridge, Surrey
Oatlands Park Hotel is seeking an experienced and dynamic Head Chef to join our busy kitchen.
Oatlands Park Hotel are currently on a drive to set the standards of excellence in the luxury sector of the hotel industry, one of Surrey’s most dynamic and successful industries. Located in a stunning setting in Weybridge the hotel employs some of the most skilled, professional and dedicated people that the industry has to offer. We understand that every Guest is unique and our team strives to create individual moments of service excellence for our business and leisure travellers. Each member of the team is an ambassador of our Company values: Teamwork, Integrity, Mutual Respect, Honesty, Passion for Service and Continual Improvement.
You will be expected to:
Reporting to the Operations Manager as Head Chef you will be responsible for ensuring that your team meet the hotel’s specifications and achieve targets. In order to do this, you will need to motivate and develop your team, implementing the changes necessary to constantly improve performance.
- Ordering of all food for the kitchen and ensuring stock levels are maintained. Track, record and replenish inventory as needed.
- Ensure Food cost is kept on track.
- Create schedules for kitchen staff to ensure optimum resource management and speed of service. You are responsible for production of the weekly kitchen staff Rota and allocating staff depending on requirements of the business.
- Ensure HACCP compliance within the kitchen and all Food Beverage outlets.
- You are responsible food hygiene and ensure the kitchen works in accordance with the H&S act 1974.
- Train new and existing kitchen staff on the preparation, arrangement and plating of dishes as per the current menu.
- You will be responsible for recruitment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all staff members adhere to culinary standards and regulations.
- Respond to customer enquiries and concerns personally.
- Design new menu choices based on seasonal ingredients and customer demand.
- Cross-train kitchen staff on multiple stations.
- Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked and presented according to specific restaurant standards.
- Be knowledgeable of daily business, reservations menu and menu availability.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions.
- Ensure all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are carefully adhered to.
- Need to guide the Sous Chefs and the other chefs to carry out cooking tasks appropriately.
- Ensure food is prepared within the committed time.
Skills and Specifications:
- Have previous experience as Head Chef in a 4* Hotel.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the Food function.
- Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- Lead by example.
- Build effective and constructive relationships.
- Communicate and delegate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Work collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
- Able to work effectively under pressure, thrive in a challenging environment.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the business vision and goals.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 GCSE grade A-C including maths and English or equivalent
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 2
- Other relevant professional qualification (food & beverage related)
- Food hygiene and appropriate HS&E & First Aid accreditation/certification
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Friends and family rates.
Apply for Head Chef - Weybridge, Surrey
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly