Childcare Deputy Leader - Bromley, London
Childcare Deputy Leader - Bromley, London
Locations: [Penge, Sydenham]
Job Type: [Part time/Flexible], Term time (38 weeks) Top up hours available through other roles throughout the business
Pay (per hour): £9.91
Mytime Active is looking for fun, enthusiastic, energetic leaders to join our breakfast and afterschool club teams. Whether your talent be physical activities, sports, arts and crafts we want you! If you wish to join a structured social enterprise that makes a difference to children’s lives then we have the opportunity for you.
In this role you will use your skills and experience to provide a caring, safe and secure environment for children to learn and develop through a variety of play opportunities. You will also deputise for the Childcare Leader in their absence, the role of Deputy will see you make sure the day-to-day operational efficiency of the team is of the highest quality and fully compliant with the relevant rules and regulations. You will also take on specific responsibilities relating the specialist age group you are working with, and have knowledge of child development, OFSTED and Safeguarding.Qualified in childcare to at least Level 2 standard or equivalent, you will already have experience of working in an environment where children learn play and enjoy leisure activities.
These roles are part time, but if you’re looking to increase your hours we have a wide variety of roles around the business outside of your club hours, Including: soft play, day camps, swim and more!
What skills we are looking for:
- A willingness to learn and develop;
- Demonstrate a passion for providing children with positive experiences;
- Professional attitude and desire to deliver an excellent childcare service;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to appropriately promote the positive behaviour of children where necessary;
- Energetic and enthusiastic;
- A can-do attitude and a real focus on customer service;
- Flexibility is essential to meet the needs of the business, you will be required from 7am-9am and from 2:45pm – 6pm (term time only)
Your Main duties:
- To be the Designated Safeguarding Officer and ensure suitable child protection training is sourced and delivered to staff. This includes ensuring there is always a suitably trained safeguarding officer on site at all times throughout service delivery
- Accountable for all children and employees within the setting, ensuring that agreed child: staff ratios are always met. This includes facilitating support from additional sites or casual staff in the event of employee absences
- Effectively communicating with key people involved in the delivery of the service and the children’s well being, this includes parents, teachers, head teacher, Ofsted, SENCO, LADO etc.
- Undertake appropriate training and adhere to company policy and procedures, assisting with the updating and developing of relevant policies and procedures
- To ensure all children have a designated key worker and a personal file
- Ensure the children receive a choice of healthy refreshments whilst maintaining hygiene, health and safety standards at all times. This includes sourcing relevant training
- Accountable for all administration tasks required including record keeping, including staff and child records, data logs, ordering and purchasing
- Administering first aid when necessary and being responsible for ensuring all records of accidents and incidents are correctly logged, stored and monitored.
- Level 2 or 3 childcare/play work relevant Qualification
- Food Hygiene certificate
- Paediatric First Aid
- Safeguarding Children
- In return you get to work for a great company with likeminded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- *50% discount on any MTA breakfast and after school club service for your children
- Free Leisure & Golf membership for you and one other;
- Holiday purchase scheme;(specific locations only – see website of list of MTA breakfast and after school club settings)
- 10% off food and beverage and free hot drinks;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- *Employee discount & Pension scheme;
If you would like to be part of an award winning leisure trust and exciting childcare team then we would like to meet you. Please send your full CV
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.