Exercise Specialist - Bromley, London
- Job Type
- Part Time
Exercise Specialist - Bromley, London
Locations: Orpington and Beckenham
Job Type: 14 Hours Contracted role currently available plus hours for Cover and additional opportunities on expansion of the programme
About Mytime Active
At Mytime Active we want more people to Get More Out of Life, by getting more active and eating better. We want to do this not just for an individual, or for a family, but also for an entire community, ensuring our services are accessible to as wide a population as possible, so that it becomes the “norm” to live this way. We do all of this in a way that is financially sustainable, investing any surpluses we make back into the business.
If you want a job that is rewarding and helps to change people’s lives for the better, then you’ve come to the right place. You will be fairly rewarded for your efforts in an organisation that understands the value of its people.
Summary of responsibilities and duties.
- Conduct initial assessments and inductions on the Active Lifestyles Fresh Start Exercise Referral scheme in accordance with national guidelines.
- Plan, prescribe, implement, monitor and evaluate a suitable exercise programme and physical activity plan using either fixed gym equipment or a circuit class with appropriate equipment.
- Appropriately progress the clients individualised exercise programme and technique, taking into account medical conditions/chronic diseases and progression/regression.
- Complete client reviews at set intervals and record data using the Active Lifestyles monitoring paperwork and database in line with key performance indicators.
- Motivate and encourage participants to adhere to regular physical activity and exercise programmes both at home and in Mytime Active leisure centres underpinned by theoretical application of behaviour change techniques.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of health-related benefits of regular physical activity for adults and special populations.
- Basic understanding of common medical conditions encountered on a typical exercise referral scheme and the necessary programming adaptations.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to take and record physical measurements including Blood Pressure and Manual Pulse.
- Experience of working effectively as a team member, planning and delivering an exercise programme and working to time schedules.
- Applicants must possess a Level 3 GP Exercise Referral qualification as recognised by REPs or CIMSPA. This must be underpinned by a recognised level 2 industry qualification in exercise and fitness such as a Certificate in Gym Instruction or Exercise to Music.
- *Current First Aid qualification including CPR and AED required.
Our benefits package includes:
- 22 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) and an additional day leave after 3 years’ service and 2 days additional leave after 5 years’ service (up to a max of 25 days);
- Free access to Mytime Active Golf & Leisure for you and one other;
- Exceptional Achievement award scheme
- 20% off food and beverage purchases
- £100 candidate referral scheme (new employee introduction scheme);
- Voucher recognition scheme;
- Pension Scheme
In return, you get to work for a great company with a competitive salary and an attractive and comprehensive training/development package that is aimed at facilitating personal and career growth that would include:
- A series of Core Management Development Modules
- Essential ongoing compliance training
- Professional qualifications
- Work shadowing opportunities
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position.
- All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing a contract of employment and;
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.