Duty Manager - The Pavilion - Bromley, London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Duty Manager - The Pavilion - Bromley, London
Job Type: Fixed Term - Full Time
About Mytime Active
At Mytime Active we want more people to Get More Out of Life, by getting more active and eating better. We want to do this not just for an individual, or for a family, but also for an entire community, ensuring our services are accessible to as wide a population as possible, so that it becomes the “norm” to live this way. We do all of this in a way that is financially sustainable, investing any surpluses we make back into the business.
If you want a job that is rewarding and helps to change people’s lives for the better, then you’ve come to the right place. You will be fairly rewarded for your efforts in an organisation that understands the value of its people.
About the role
We’re looking for experienced Duty Managers or ambitious and talented Senior Recreation Assistants who are passionate about the leisure industry.
So, if you’re looking for a desk job, this isn’t for you – as there’s no such thing as a typical day as Duty Manager. That’s what makes the role so special. Here, you could be doing anything from unlocking the leisure centre and setting up, to ordering supplies and checking everything is perfect for your customers. Then, once the day is in full swing, you’ll ensure it’s all running as it should be – handling customer queries, managing your team and ensuring the successful operation of the gym, pool and other facilities. Your own development is just as important, as we’ll train you to sharpen your skills in this diverse Duty Manager role.
- To assist the General Manager in managing the daily operation of the facilities and the organisation of activities, to ensure that the overall service complies with the policies and standards set by Bromley Mytime.
- To assist with the overall function of Reception, including customer services, reconciliation, deliveries, memberships, bookings, telephone enquiries and complaints, and ensure that an appropriate level of service is maintained together with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To be responsible as Duty Manager during the centre’s opening hours with full supervisory control over the staff and responsibility for the operation of the Centre.
- To assist the General Manager/Assistant General Manager in implementing the approved Quality Management Systems, maintaining all operational standards, records, systems and financial procedures in accordance with instructions and regulations.
- Assist with the organisation of all activities, groups and events/special programmes administered by the Centre.
- Ensure that all reasonably practicable steps and precautions are taken to meet the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act and the Health & Safety procedures documented in the QMS
- To monitor Pool Plant and equipment in liaison with the Technical team and take any corrective action to meet the swimming pool and facilities environmental standards.
- To monitor and supervise the work standards of front line operational staff, in particular Recreation and Senior Recreation Assistants, receptionists, catering and buzz zone staff and cleaners.
If you’re a fast-thinker who’s calm under pressure, responsible and a natural with people from all walks of life, this is your chance to progress as a Duty Manager. We also look for integrity, a can-do attitude, health and safety knowledge, and a customer service focus, combined with relevant professional qualifications such as NPLQ, First Aid, Fitness Instructor and Pool Plant, or equivalent.
The ability to be able to swim 2 lengths in under 90 seconds and pass a swim test is important to take to you through to the next stage. A National Pool Lifeguard Qualification would be great, but we can provide that training for you.
Our benefits package includes:
- 22 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) and an additional day leave after 3 years’ service and 2 days additional leave after 5 years’ service (up to a max of 25 days);
- Free access to Mytime Active Golf & Leisure for you and one other;
- Exceptional Achievement award scheme
- 20% off food and beverage purchases
- £100 candidate referral scheme (new employee introduction scheme);
- Voucher recognition scheme;
- Pension Scheme
In return, you get to work for a great company with a competitive salary and an attractive and comprehensive training/development package that is aimed at facilitating personal and career growth that would include:
- A series of Core Management Development Modules
- Essential ongoing compliance training
- Professional qualifications
- Work shadowing opportunities
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position.
- All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing a contract of employment and;
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.