Chef/Cook - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Chef/Cook - Simon The Tanner, Bermondsey, London
Full time, immediate start.
Simon The Tanner is a cosy neighbourhood boozer one minute from Bermondsey Street and a short stroll from London Bridge. We pride ourselves on our friendly, welcoming staff, our fantastic selection of craft beer and on offering up simple, delicious home cooked food. Simon The Tanner is part of an independent company that has a family feel and genuinely really cares about its staff and its clientele.
We are looking for a cook or chef with the relevant experience to take over the running of our little kitchen and serve all the traditional pub grub including a cracking Sunday roast!
What we’re offering:
- Competitive pay
- Staff discount on draught and bottled beers across all of our venues
- Complimentary staff drink at the end of each shift
- A flexible workplace where you can grow & gain experience
- A supportive, fun and professional place to work
You must have:
- At least 1 years’ experience preparing and cooking in a busy pub
- A passion for good quality well-presented food.
- The ability to work under pressure & maintain a level head
- The ability to manage our small kitchen including stock control, waste management and be able to maintain high food safety/kitchen hygiene levels
- Be able to work nights & weekends
- Be able to, on occasion, work unassisted
- You have the legal right to work in the UK and a good grasp of written and spoken English.
- Be confident and self-motivated
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business
- Be able to prioritise duties
- Be honest, reliable, trustworthy and respectful
- Maintain excellent time-keeping and attendance
- Be professional at all times
- Always be a good team player
- Build and maintain good relationships with all team members
- Be motivated to learn and develop self
- Seek feedback and invest time in personal development
We are open 7 days a week, with food served 12pm-3pm/5pm-10pm Mon - Fri, 12pm-10pm Sat and 12pm-8pm Sun.
Salary will be confirmed at the interview.
Simon The Tanner is part of a young company that has expanded quickly over the last few years creating plenty of opportunity for those passionate about working in this industry.
Keen to join our team? Get in touch and send us your CV and cover letter.