General Manager - Bethnal Green
- Job Type
- Full Time
General Manager –Mother Kelly’s, Bethnal Green, E2- Must love beer and people.
Full time, immediate start.
Mother Kelly’s Bethnal Green is the flagship bar of the Mother Kelly’s family. Specialising in all things craft beer, it is our goal to get the freshest beer from the best independent breweries and into our customer’s glasses. We deal with beer, brewers and breweries from all over the world and pride ourselves on having one of the best beer selections in the UK. With an ever evolving tap and bottle list, we aim to have new products in our bar every single day. Mother Kelly’s is an independent company that has a family feel and genuinely really cares about its staff and its clientele.
What we’re offering:
- Competitive Pay
- Staff discount on draught and bottled beers across all of our venues
- Free monthly staff bottle share events
- Complimentary staff drink at the end of each shift
- Paid brew days at a range of breweries
- Brewery and distillery visits and tours, international trips to beer festivals
- Full induction, training and support to help you further your career
- A flexible workplace where you can grow & gain experience
- A supportive, fun and professional place to work
What we’re looking for:
- You’re positive, you care, and you want to lead your team by example.
- You have plenty of hospitality management experience.
- You have an appetite for great beer and a thirst to expand your knowledge.
- A good knowledge of the craft beer industry
- You have drive to develop professionally and help the Mother Kelly’s family grow.
- You have the legal right to work in the UK and a good grasp of written and spoken English.
Building a Sustainable and Innovative business
- Identify recruitment needs and take an active role in search and selection activities and the appointment of staff, in line with the company recruitment process, ensuring that all paperwork is correct, completed, and copied to all necessary parties concerned
- Identify and monitor training needs and take an active role in developing people
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures and licensing laws
Maintaining Controls and Standards
- Take full responsibility for the results achieved in the pub, including profit and loss (P&L) performance, stock, standards and audits
- Ensure that all operating procedures are adhered to, in line with company policy, ensuring the safety and security of our customers and staff
- Plan all rotas in line with budgeted targets and forecasts
- Manage all delivery processes, including checking in orders, storage, stock rotation, security, loss investigation and staff training
- Be aware and adhere to any local/regional/ health and safety at work regulations
Providing a brilliant experience for our customers
- Deliver excellent customer service and maintain a high standard of customer management, at all times
- Develop and lead a workplace culture focused on delivering an outstanding experience for our customers
- Be confident and self-motivated
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business
- Be able to prioritise duties
- Be honest, reliable, trustworthy and respectful
- Maintain excellent time-keeping and attendance
- Be professional at all times
- Always be a good team player
- Build and maintain good relationships with all team members
- Be willing to take on jobs to balance the team workload
Developing self and others
- Be motivated to learn and develop self
- Seek feedback and invest time in personal development
- Supervise, train and develop others
- Coach, guide and give feedback to others
- Manage both good and poor performance
- Be accountable for meeting and exceeding objectives
- Be able to identify when objectives are not going to be delivered and take action to ensure that targets are met
- Be effective in planning own time
- Make work fun
Mother Kelly’s is a young company that has expanded quickly over the last few years creating plenty of opportunity for those passionate about working in this industry.
Keen to join our team? Get in touch and send us your CV and cover letter.