Assistant Casino Manager - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Job Type
- Full Time
Assistant Casino Manager - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Are you looking for a company that invests in your development? How about taking the next steps in your career?
Well look no further!
We are recruiting for an Assistant Casino Manager (ACM) to join our expanding business at our Alea Nottingham Casino.
This is an exciting time for you to join our Metropolitan Gaming family offering lucrative benefits, a rewarding career. A chance for you to join one of the UK's best casino operators.
Are you ready to hit the jackpot with your career?
Then keep on reading!
Here's some of the many benefits we offer:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
- Extensive employee HUB offering discounts from travel, retail, hospitality to health and well-being
- Regular training and development
- Employee health and well-being services
- Refer a friend incentive (Paid into your employee hub account)
- 50% off food and drinks in all our UK venues
- Financial advice services
- Holiday accrual with length of service
Below, provides you with an insight into the daily duties of an ACM.
- All gaming operations are carried out to optimum standards of efficiency.
- Outstanding levels of customer service are delivered by the gaming team on a consistent basis in line with company expectations.
- Proactively contribute towards discussions on the business at management meetings. This may include discussions of a commercial, procedural or people management nature.
- Support the implementation of all internal and external marketing and sales activity.
- Gaming is conducted to the Rules of Casino Games and Company procedures and report any breaches promptly through the required reporting procedures.
- Always ensure that the club has the optimum level of suitably experienced staff to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Good communications are developed and encouraged throughout the club and with other clubs where necessary which includes the effective co-ordination of and liaison with ancillary departments is maintained.
- All information emanating from visits by officials of statutory bodies is passed to the Venue Director and/or Casino Manager on duty.
- Place a high priority on good customer relations on the casino floor. This duty includes having a good knowledge of players, their gaming methods, performance at the tables and their status in relation to cheque encashment.
- Supervise all staff with the job holder's area of jurisdiction and ensure that standards of inspecting and dealing required by the Gaming Manual and other Company rules and procedures are adhered. When required to carry out the duties of Inspecting.
- Ensure that all gaming equipment is functioning properly, ensure the maintenance of adequate floats and maintain an hourly report sheet with casino results and cash drop. Assist with the supervision of count procedures.
- Notify senior management immediately of any disputes that cannot be settled on the casino floor and of any customer requests that cannot be similarly settled.
- Junior members of team are developed by providing support, offering feedback on a regular basis and by following company procedures regarding development reviews, appraisals, or any other performance management tools.
- Conduct investigations into staff absences, grievances, and disciplinary matters.
- When required you are able to conduct disciplinary and grievance hearings at the request of senior management.
- Assist with identifying the potential of gaming staff so as to assist senior management to make informed decisions in relation to training, salaries and promotion. Identify staff who are under performing and recommend remedial disciplinary action and to conduct appraisals as and when required.
- Promote and ensure company initiatives are followed concerning the engagement of employees.
COMPLIANCE AND SECURITY
- Maintain full compliance with company and legal procedures in all areas to include, for example, money laundering, gaming activity, health and safety, hygiene, and fire regulations.
- Ensure all licensing laws are complied with and any breaches reported promptly through the required reporting procedures.
- Have a good knowledge of all forms of fraudulent behaviour in casinos.
REQUIRED SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS:
- Motivated individual with an extensive, stable experience in gaming.
- Constantly demonstrates a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Understands the concepts of profit and loss, cash flow and cost control.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with peers and subordinates, plus senior management.
- Able to develop strong, positive, and engaging relationships with customers.
- Experience in dealing with people management situations.
- Organised and efficient with administrative tasks.
- Methodical and attentive to detail.
- Proactive, self-sufficient, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Has a passion for quality and customer service.
- Capable of working independently or collectively.
- A dynamic, forward-thinking approach.
- Solutions focused approach.
- Ability to critically analyse commercial, people and operational situations and offer viable solutions to issues and opportunities.
- A strong work ethic with a passion for exceeding expectations.
- Show respect and appreciation to all.
- Encourage and contribute toward a culture that supports everyone to be the best that they can be.
- PML qualification
Please Note: You must be aged 18 or over and have the right to work in the UK.