Head Chef (Live Out) - Hitchin
- McMullens & Sons
- Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- Up to 33,000 per annum plus bonus
- 01 Feb 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Head Chef
If your ambition is to build a career in a long established, successful family run business, where guests come first and quality is paramount, come and join us as a Head Chef. We're independent, so believe in investing in the future and we love home-grown talent. We treat all our people like part of the family - you'll be respected, trained, coached and encouraged to grow in confidence, to achieve more than you thought you were capable of.
So, if you're as passionate as we are about delivering delicious fresh rotisserie chicken, along with chargrilled meats and pub classics then you could be our next Head Chef at Chicken & Grill pubs, an important part of the McMullen's family. We can offer you....
- A competitive salary
- An achievable bonus scheme
- A share of gratuities
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development through McMullen's GROW Programme if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who treat people as a name, not a number
- Full chef uniform
The ideal Head Chef will have the following
- The ability to cook and present dishes, in line with specification, in a busy environment.
- The capability to deliver food GP% to budget.
- Experience in stocktaking and management of stock control.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary standards of personal hygiene and presentation.
- The ability to recruit, train and coach junior team members.
- A strong understanding of food health and safety.
Previous experience of working as a Head Chef within a busy kitchen is essential. You must be keen to develop, willing to take on responsibility and remain calm under pressure.