Sous Chef - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Posting Date May 25, 2022
Job Number 22086533
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The London EDITION, 10 Berners Street, London, London, United Kingdom
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Berners Tavern restaurant at The London EDITION is looking for a talented and driven Sous Chef join our Kitchen Brigade.
Under the direction of celebrated Michelin starred Chef Jason Atherton, the award-winning Berners Tavern remains one of London's most talked about restaurants. Join our team and help create and deliver a contemporary British menu that is simple yet elegant, using the very best products in the British Isles.
As our newest Sous Chef you will join an exciting and dynamic team where you will work closely with the Senior Sous Chef, Head Chef and Executive Chef to deliver exceptional food for Berners Tavern Restaurant. You will support the senior chef team to manage and train junior chefs, you will help create new dishes, be an expert in all sections of the kitchen.
What we are looking for from our Sous Chef:
- At least 5 years experience in a professional Kitchen
- A stable work history and management experience
- Fine dining background in awarded restaurants or 5* hotel
Our most successful Sous Chef is someone who:
- Is talented and creative
- Wants to grow within an international brand
- Who wants to work in a place that makes you proud
What you get in return:
- 500 joining bonus
- Late night/early morning taxi contribution up to 20
- Discounted accommodation in over 9,000 hotels all over the world. Yes, 9,000!
- 5 breakfast when staying in any of our European hotels
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Free gym membership
- Wellness and mental health programmes
- Flexible scheduling
- 23 Holiday days (increasing with length of service) excluding bank holidays
- World class training and development, including leadership development and WSET
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Specially curated discounts in thousands of shops
- Amazing staff parties
- ...and much more
Berners Tavern is not only part of the Social Company but also part of a luxury hotel group with properties worldwide giving you opportunities to take your career overseas.
Does this sound like the right place for you? Apply to become our next Sous Chef today!
*Joining bonus only applicable if employee passes three months probation and are not on their leave of notice.*
EDITION is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.