Kitchen Porter - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Posting Date May 25, 2022
Job Number 22086552
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The London EDITION, 10 Berners Street, London, London, United Kingdom
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
The London EDITION is looking for its next Kitchen Porter!
Would you like a job that gives you...
- Late night/early morning taxi contribution up to 20
- Discounted accommodation in over 9,000 hotels all over the world. Yes, 9,000!
- 5 breakfast when staying in any of our European hotels
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Free gym membership
- Wellness and mental health programmes
- Flexible scheduling
- World class training and development, including leadership development
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Specially curated discounts in thousands of shops
- Amazing staff parties
- ...and much more
We are looking for a driven, diligent and friendly Kitchen Porter to join the team at The London EDITION hotel.
As a Kitchen Porter you will:
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor
- Wash and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives, and equipment
- Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock
- Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas
- Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing
- Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments
Our most successful Kitchen Porter is someone who:
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- A team-first attitude
- Protect company assets
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
This role requires the ability move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar.
If this sounds like the perfect place for you, apply to be our next Kitchen Porter today!
EDITION is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.