Housekeeping Porter - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Posting Date May 25, 2022
Job Number 22086523
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The London EDITION, 10 Berners Street, London, London, United Kingdom
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
The London EDITION is looking for its next Housekeeping Porter!
Would you like a job that gives you...
- 500 joining bonus
- Late night/early morning taxi contribution up to 20
- Discounted accommodation in over 9,000 hotels all over the world. Yes, 9,000!
- 5 breakfast when staying in any of our European hotels
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Free gym membership
- Wellness and mental health programmes
- Flexible scheduling
- 20 Holiday days (increasing with length of service)
- World class training and development
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Specially curated discounts in thousands of shops
- Amazing staff parties
- Refer a friend bonus
- ...and much more
You'll be working with a team that ensures all areas of the hotel are cleaned and looked after, including bedrooms, public areas, changing rooms and back of house areas.
As a Housekeeping Porter you will:
- Support the team by managing and distributing laundry
- Maintaining stock controls in the pantries
- Responding to guest requests
- Minor maintenance duties
- General Cleaning duties
Our most successful Housekeeping Porter has:
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- A team-first attitude
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional demeanor, clear communication and appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we'll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
You're welcome here. Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you're important to us and that you'll make an impact in your role, and for that, you'll be appreciated and valued.
Does this sound like the place for you? Apply to be our next Housekeeping Porter today!
*Joining bonus only applicable if employee passes three months probation and are not on their leave of notice.*
EDITION is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.