Senior Host/Hostess - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Posting Date Apr 27, 2022
Job Number 22068557
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The London EDITION, 10 Berners Street, London, London, United Kingdom
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Berners Tavern at The London EDITION is looking for its next Senior Host or Hostess!
Would you like a job that gives you...
- Discounted accommodation in over 9,000 hotels all over the world. Yes, 9,000!
- 5 breakfast when staying in any of our European hotels
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Free gym membership
- Wellness and mental health programmes
- Flexible Scheduling
- 20 Holiday days (increasing with length of service)
- World class training and development, including leadership development and WSET
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Specially curated discounts in thousands of shops
- Amazing staff parties
- ...and much more
We are looking for a friendly, warm and service-oriented Senior Host or Hostess to join the team at the award-winning restaurant Berners Tavern in The London EDITION hotel.
This gastronomic gem under the direction of our Chef partner Jason Atherton boasts 140 covers, serving guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Berners Tavern is located in central London's Fitzrovia at The London EDITION and brings together, in a delicate balancing act, the integrity and character of a historic building with a simple, sophisticated design sensibility, creating a seamless blend of charisma and ease.
As Senior Host or Hostess you will:
- Be the face of the restaurant - the first and last impression the guest has of us!
- Welcome guests warmly and personally
- Give a fond farewell that encourages guests to return
- Ensure guests are seated correctly in the restaurant according to the floor plan
- Communicate any important guest information to the waiting team and management
- Work as part of a team
- Take responsibility for ensuring a seamless guest experience
- ...to name a few!
Our most successful Senior Host or Hostess is someone who:
- Understands the impact of their job in the overall guest experience
- Loves to meet new people
- Is a team player
- Takes pride in delivering sophisticated, personalised service
- Is a great communicator
- Has previous experience of using OpenTable or a similar reservations system (however this is not essential)
- Has fun while doing their job!
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar.
If this sounds like the perfect place for you, apply to be our next Senior Host or Hostess today!
EDITION is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.