General Manager - The Lady Ottoline - Bloomsbury, London
- Market Taverns
- Bloomsbury, London
- Up to £42k – depending on Live in / out options
- 31 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
General Manager - Live in available
Up to £42k – depending on Live in / out
Restaurant & Bar in Bloomsbury
The Lady Ottoline is a hidden Gem in the heart of Blomsbury.
Famously named after Lady Ottoline Morrell, the society hostess and patron of the historical Bloomsbury Group of bohemian artists and writers, The Lady Ottoline boasts all-of its original charm and elegance.
With a beautiful bar on the ground floor, a stunning restaurant upstairs and a delightful private dining room; it is a firm favourite with locals and visitors from afar.
A wonderful selection of gins & wines to accompany seasonal menus and delivers many corporate events & wedding receptions at the weekends.
We are looking for a General Manager who really is the host with the most and has incredible experience within the restaurant and dining world.
First class service in a relaxed atmosphere.
What we offer as a company:
· Management development through Watershed (Independent school for restaurant business)
· Training with qualifications of BTECH available
· Camden town brewery beer school placement available
· WSET levels 1 & 2 available
· Annual trips
· Free meal on duty
· 25% off food and drinks across all 12 of our pubs
· Incentives & recognition
· 02 Academy tickets
· Bi - Annual Staff party and team events
· Refer a friend Scheme
· Supplier Training - learn about your produce enjoy some tastings
· E-Learning – Flow modules that are certified
· Pension Scheme
· Access to wages early – early pay
· Employee assistance through the Licensed Trade Charity
The role & requirements
We are looking for an experienced General Manager who is warm, welcoming, passionate about people & truly enjoys the Hospitality Industry. This is a very hands-on role being very customer focused.
· Excellent experience in a busy restaurant & bar with high standards
· Proactively recruits team and trainins to a high standard
· Excellent Communication skills and a positive outlook
· Genuine love for hospitality, being able to story tell history of teh pub with excellent knowledge on menus.
· Personal Licence
· Ability to lead & motivate the team. Developing your team must be of great importance.
· Sales driven with business acumen for long term strategy. Creative with sales & events and has experience with hosting large functions.
The Company – Market Taverns
We are a collection of 12 charming British pubs located in the heart of London, offering a warm and friendly atmosphere with a selection of award-wining ales, fine wines and delicious seasonal British fare.
If you like one, you'll most certainly love the rest. Each of our locations has its own individual character and unique feel.
If you would like to be considered for the role of General Manager, then please send through your CV - please ensure that you research and have genuine interest in Lady O.
Due to the number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Only General Managers eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position including settlement status.