Senior General Manager - Stockport
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Light have a rare and exciting opportunity for a passionate and commercially driven Senior General Manager to lead our amazing team at The Light, Stockport.
At The Light, we like to break the mould and think outside the box. We're passionate about what we do and our desire to entertain, surprise and delight our guests has been at the heart of everything we have done since we started in 2011. We now have ten cinemas nationwide, with two further openings planned for later this year and other exciting developments in the pipeline.
With each opening, our brand has evolved with food and drink becoming an integral part of our offer. We are now taking our guest experience to the next level by moving into leisure, opening our first 9-lane bowling alley in Sittingbourne with plans for upgrades to existing venues and further new openings.
Stockport is one of our flagship venues with plans to upgrade and incorporate boutique bowling lanes in the next 6 months. The Senior General Manager will have passion and vision to lead Stockport through this change overseeing a Cinema Manager and a Food and Beverage manager to ensure the efficient and profitable running of our venue.
You are expected to take a strategic and commercial approach that balances guest experience and team engagement with the financial needs of the business, leading by example and living the Company's values in order to provide a safe, engaging and positive work environment so your team can deliver an exceptional guest experience that surprises and delights our guests.
What we are looking for
Previous experience as a Senior General Manager in a multi-faceted/fast paced Cinema and/or leisure/ hospitality/entertainment focused environment.
- An entrepreneurial, "can-do" attitude
- A proven track record of delivering exceptional guest service
- A proven track record in people management with an ability to motivate and inspire others,
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of business systems such as: Fourth Hospitality, Compliance Centre, Vista and Flow
- Knowledge of licensing legislation and health and safety
- Ability to work under pressure with great time management skills,
- Result driven and forward thinking
- Analytical thinking with business awareness
- Desire to progress in the role
The Light Perks
- Negotiable salary dependent upon experience + excellent salary package
- Employee discounts on food and drink,
- 28 days holiday,
- Unlimited free cinema tickets/ tickets for friends and family**
- Discounts on food and drink
- Private medical insurance
- Healthcare cash plans and benefits portal
- Company pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Career development opportunities and fun working environment
If you're excited by what you see, then please apply!