Operations & Facilities Senior
- Leisure People Recruitment
- England, London
- Up to £30000 per annum + Pensions, discounts on facilities
- 30 Jan 2023
- 27 Feb 2023
- Veronica Winter
- Job Type
- Full Time
Operations & Facilities Senior London - £30,000 per annum plus benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the heart of London for a charity who offers incredible facilities for children under the age of 16. The charity has been in operation for over 80 years and offers valuable support to children, young people and their families.
This is a fully operational role and involves a good deal of manual labour, often outdoors. You are responsible for overseeing all aspects of the running, maintenance and upkeep of the sports facilities including: our three eight a side 3G football pitches, basketball court and sports changing rooms.
Our sports facilities form an important part of our seven-acre site, providing opportunities for children and young people to gain essential access to high quality sports facilities for free, removing barriers to sports participation for local young people. Alongside this, our football pitches provide essential income for the charity through the provision of commercial hire opportunities.
This is a role that requires afternoon/evening shifts of weekdays: 14:00-22:30 and weekend shift times of 08:30-17:00. Weekends are worked on a 3 on/3 off basis, with the odd 4 off in a row.
- The successful management, maintenance, and day to day running of the facility which includes: playground and facilities relies on a multi skilled and flexible team.
- You will develop and oversee the implementation of a systematic programme of management and maintenance for our sports facilities, to ensure consistently high standards of maintenance across our sports facilities and changing areas
- You will work closely with the sports team, to develop a strong understanding of the maintenance programme and training staff in the use of maintenance systems and processes (including the use of online management systems)
- You will make sure all sports facility bookings are managed effectively. This includes the following types of bookings: commercial, schools, charities, and voluntary sector organisations.
- You are responsible for the effective and safe management of our sports facilities, ensuring that risk assessments are regularly reviewed and updated and that the team are briefed and trained in how to deal with challenging situations (e.g. behaviour/rule breaking)
- You are the main point of contact for our pitch maintenance contractor, liaising with them to ensure that regular inspections and works are carried out to the correct standards and that any issues are reported and addressed promptly
- You will act as the senior lead on site, alongside the Buildings and Facilities Manager and the Senior Grounds Person
- On a rota basis, you will be responsible for the opening and closing of the whole site, ensuring that all tasks are completed as per our opening and closing procedures
- You will provide mentoring and guidance to the Grounds and Sports Apprentice, providing regular constructive feedback to the Senior Grounds Person regarding their performance
- A minimum of 3 years experience of facility Management or maintenance, ideally within the Sport/leisure sector
- Experience managing a team
- Fully competent on all safety compliances
- The ability to identify and prioritise work schedules
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Approachable and friendly with the ability and confidence to engage with a range of park users including children, parents and adults hiring our facilities
- A range of practical sports/leisure and facility maintenance skills in areas such as: hard landscaping, pitch and court maintenance, plumbing and electrical
- Demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to coordinate the work of a team through clear direction, task allocation and ongoing supervision of performance
- Good IT and digital skills, including good working knowledge of e-mail and other Office products and online maintenance and booking systems
- Recognised qualifications in sport, leisure, or facility management/maintenance (Minimum Level 3)
- Advanced qualification in sport, leisure, and facility management e.g. foundation degree
- Qualification in synthetic pitch maintenance and/or hard sports surface maintenance
- Safeguarding training
- Working at heights training
- Risk assessment training
- COSHH training
- First Aid at Work qualification
Interviews available immediately