Cafe Assistant - Heston
- Job Type
- Full Time
Cafe Assistant - Heston
- TEAM - F&B
- DEPARTMENT - Lampton Leisure
- SALARY -£22,568
- LAST UPDATED -August 2021
- CONTRACTED HOURS - 16 hours per week
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To assist catering staff in the day to day running of our busy café to support the Cafe Manager in all Catering aspects of the business.
- To assist in the preparation and serving of food and beverages to café customers, to ensuring the suitability of the product and provide the centre information whenever possible.
- To be involved with taking food orders, preparing food, till operation.
- General cleaning duties of the Café and kitchen to be completed in accordance with the cleaning rota and as specified by the duty manager on any set event.
- Rotate stock by date order and move out of date stock into quarantine for the attention of the duty manager. Stock all fridges and restock.
- Promote a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and to utilise appropriate selling techniques
- Report broken or dangerous equipment to the duty manager for repair/replacement
- Ensure wastage/spills/breakages are recorded.
- Assist with food service at busy periods, to ensure tables are cleared of empty glasses.
- Operate a range of equipment in a safe, tidy and hygienic manner in line with manual handling requirements.
- Conduct basis equipment and maintenance checks, immediately report any areas of noncompliance to line manager or manager on duty.
- Fill and replenish food and drinks displays ensure all food and drink displays are presented, merchandised and priced in line with established standards.
- Receive, store and rotate food and drink deliveries.
- Handle any Health and Safety issues involving customers immediately alerting Duty Manager.
To work in accordance with the Company’s customer care, conservation and environmental policies and to promote Lampton Leisure Ltd good name and effective working relationships with outside organisations.
Health & Safety at Work
Lampton Leisure Ltd Health and Safety Policy and Procedures together with, where applicable, the Department’s Policy Statement and all relevant Health & Safety at Work instructions are to be considered as part of this Job Description.
Compliance with Lampton Leisure Ltd Code of Conduct
All employees have an obligation to comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
Lampton Group and its subsidiaries are committed to maintain the privacy of all its staff and customers. It expects all staff to handle all individuals ‘personal information in a sensitive and professional manner. All staff are under an obligation not to gain access or attempt to gain access to information they are not authorised to have.
Employees shall not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, nationality, disability or age and shall seek to eliminate such discrimination by others to promote equal opportunities. Employees will be afforded equal opportunities in employment irrespective of disability, gender, race, religion, age, sexuality, marital status, parental status, caring responsibilities and hours of work.
Any Other Duties
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within the company, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- An awareness of basic food hygiene requirements and basic food service / handling / production. Customer care skills. Till operation & cash handling.
- Flexibility – the ability to work on own initiative, as part of a team, and with the general public in a rapidly changing environment is essential
- Previous catering assistant experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, customer focused environment
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Eagerness to learn and train in all aspects of the café catering operation
- Good interpersonal skills - able to communicate confidently with a range of people are essential to fulfil this role
- Training to be supplied on site to gain Food Hygiene level 2
- Basic food safety knowledge or HACCP. Further training, will be provided
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL):
- Café Manager
Apply for Cafe Assistant - Heston
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly