Training and Development
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing learning and development opportunities that support our teams to achieve excellence and become the best that they can be.
New employees joining the organisation will undergo an induction training programme, part of which will include being enrolled in our hospitality specific online learning platform where they start their training journey with us.
Development at Lake District Hotels is provided on an ongoing basis to support our teams to develop their skills and knowledge as well as providing them with the confidence to excel. Training takes a number of forms and may be tutor-led, through distance learning, on-line or on the job.
We are always looking for our next generation of leaders and have recently launched our Hotel Academy
Our hotel acadamy is looking for people aged from 16, with or without hospitality and catering experience.
- Competitive salary
- Being part of a supportive team
- 28 days holiday
- NVQ / Apprenticeship training up to level 4
- Employee of the quarter awards
- Meals on duty
- Live in accommodation (over 18s only)
- Staff discount card* included:
2 for 1 cinema tickets
20% OFF dining at our hotels
Up to 50% OFF staying at our hotels
Why join us?
- One year programme with guaranteed employment offer
- Familiarisation trips to suppliers
- Accredited professional qualification & certificate
- Earn up to £21,000 after just 2 years at Chef de Partie level
- £1000 incentive on completion of your training
- One night’s dinner, bed and breakfast for you and a guest in one of our 6 hotels
- Up to 2 weeks work experience in a European hotel
- Graduation lunch for you and your family when you achieve your qualification
- Celebratory dinner with our Executive Chef or General Manager
- Year 1: Commis Chef
- Under supervision of our senior chefs we will teach you the essentials of a professional kitchen including knife skills, basic sauces, food prep, cold starters, stock management and hygiene
- Year 2: Chef de Partie
- Progress from a Commis Chef to Chef de Partie within one year after your apprenticeship.
- The future: Sous Chef
- As second in command you will supervise staff as well as food preparation and planning.
- Head Chef
- Most of our Head Chefs have progressed from within. Work hard and you could have this opportunity too!
Front of house apprenticeship
- Year 1 – Hospitality Team Member
- Working within your chosen area of the hotel will develop your team working and customer service skills whilst learning all there is to know about
- Year 2 – Hospitality Supervisor
- Enhance your skills further and find out what it takes to be a great leader and how to mentor and develop your own team. You will be given additional responsibility such as training and scheduling for your team
- The future – Department Manager
- Hospitality managers have a high level of responsibility and are accountable for achieving business objectives at the same time as being highly motivated and attributed with specific industry skills.
- Assistant Manager
- Key responsibilities may include creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading and managing teams, managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, coaching and mentoring.
- General Manager
- Did you know that most of our General Managers have progressed through the ranks within our group. We believe in our people and want them to grow with us.