Head Chef - Keswick
- Job Type
- Full Time
Head Chef - The Inn on the Square, Keswick
Who we are:
Lake District Hotels Ltd are a distinctive collection of six award winning hotels in the northern Lake District, family owned and run and situated in the most beautiful parts of the Lake District. From 4 star luxury hotels on the shores of Ullswater and Derwentwater, to traditional coaching inns and hotels in the town centres of Keswick - our Lake District hotels are recognised for the warmth of welcome, unrivalled personal attention and excellent service.
The Inn on the Square Keswick's only four star hotel features modern Scandinavian design mixed with a love for all things Cumbrian – our family-owned Keswick hotel simply oozes comfortable indulgence. The hotel boasts 34 modern bedrooms, a chic lounge bar, the popular Back Bar and our very own AA rosette award-winning Brossen Steakhouse
The hotel is looking for an ambitious new Head Chef, a role which would suit an experienced Head looking to take their next step in professional development. Passionate and enthusiastic, we want a head chef that can lead and motivate the existing brigade and help us move our business forward.
What We Are Looking For In You
- Proven experience at a head chef level or a proven Sous Chef ready for the next step.
- The ability to lead and develop a team of 5 staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP and menu costing, wage budgeting and purchasing.
- Previous experience of stock ordering, rotation and management.
- The desire to help develop menus and drive the business forward in the long term.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience, £32k to £35k per annum
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Live in accommodation is available if required.
- Staff discount scheme in all our hotels and Restaurants.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Being part of a strong management structure that supports and encourages career progression
- Joining one of the most successful hotel groups in the Lake District
- Share of gratuities
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not able to give status updates. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 1 week of submitting your application. Thank you.
Apply for Head Chef - Keswick
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly