Sous Chef - Keswick
Sous Chef - The Skiddaw Hotel
£24,000 to £26,000 per annum
Who We Are
Lake District Hotels is a unique selection of six family owned hotels, we offer a range of accommodation from town hotels to luxury hotels on the lakeshore. At each hotel guests can enjoy fine food, superb cuisine, excellent facilities and the warmest Lake District welcome
The three-star Skiddaw Hotel is set in the picturesque market town of Keswick. With 43 en-suite bedrooms, a conservatory overlooking the square and the cosy lounge bar the hotel is renowned for its personal service and delightful cuisine. Our busy, multi-purpose kitchen serves our bar/conservatory, restaurant and function suite. In the evening, we present a superb a la carte and table d’hote menu with dishes featuring the perfect blend of contemporary and traditional, using fresh, local ingredients.
The successful Sous Chef will already have solid experience and be able to take full control of the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence. You’ll need to be a talented chef with passion for fresh food and a love of kitchen camaraderie with the ability to bring the best out in others – and you’ll take immense pride in every successful service. The Skiddaw Hotel is a preferred destination for some of the top coaching companies, within the UK, so previous experience of working in a high volume kitchen, in a similar hotel, would be an advantage.
- Alongside Head Chef, responsibility for a brigade of 4, plus kitchen porters
- Undergo kitchen management including stock control, HACCP and general office related duties
- Ensure that high standards are maintained in the quality of food, both as to its preparation and presentation
- To ensure that all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are adhered to receipt and storage of provisions; monitoring stock rotation and ensuring that all food is labelled clearly and correctly
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef
- Maintain and check cleanliness and hygiene, with particular emphasis on maintaining 5 stars for food safety
- Financially aware, and able to work to GP costs and achieve budgeted targets.
- A broad and exciting role within this growing group of hotels, this is an opportunity to make your mark and for personal growth.
What we offer you:
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Live in accommodation is available if required.
- Staff discount scheme in all our hotels and Restaurants.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Being part of a strong management structure that supports and encourages career progression
- Joining one of the most successful hotel groups in the Lake District
- Share of gratuities