Sous Chef - Keswick
- Job Type
- Full Time
Sous Chef - The Inn on the Square
Lake District Hotels Ltd are a distinctive collection of seven award winning hotels in the northern Lake District, family owned and run and situated in the most beautiful parts of the Lake District. From 4 star luxury hotels on the shores of Ullswater and Derwentwater, to traditional coaching inns and hotels in the town centres of Keswick and Penrith - our Lake District hotels are recognised for the warmth of welcome, unrivalled personal attention and excellent service.
The Hotel: Inn on the Square, Keswick
Having 34 bedrooms, a 70 cover steakhouse restaurant with open display kitchen, cocktail bar and substantial lounges; and a separate pub ‘The Queens Head’, this will be a modern food-led hotel with some of the best accommodation around. Development plans are in place for the next few years to make the Inn on the Square a true destination hotel within the area.
Report directly to the Head Chef, and General Manager in his absence. You will take responsibility for the smooth day to day running of the kitchen, working closely with Head Chef, GM and Restaurant Manager to ensure smooth food service.
- Alongside Head Chef, responsibility for a brigade of 8, plus kitchen porters; providing food for the 70 cover restaurant, 100 seat Queens Head pub, and busy daytime lounges.
- Menu development, costing, and tasked with providing an appetising modern flavour with the intention of maintaining one AA rosette for the ‘Brossen Steakhouse’ Restaurant
- Staff training, with an emphasis on developing a young, enthusiastic and skilled team, to become a destination restaurant of choice for the northern Lake District and wider area.
- Maintain and check cleanliness and hygiene, with particular emphasis on maintaining 5 stars for this brand new kitchen.
- Financially aware, and able to work to GP costs and achieve budgeted targets.
- Service with a smile, and personality, is a must; this brand new kitchen is a display kitchen with a service hatch directly into the restaurant, and a full wall of windows.
- A broad and exciting role within this growing group of hotels, this is an opportunity to make your mark and for personal growth.
- Negotiable salary
- Employer contributory pension after 3 months
- Uniform provided
- Meals on duty
- Live in available – brand new, high quality staff accommodation
- Opportunity to live and work in one of the most stunning locations in the UK
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 1 week of submitting your application. Thank you
Apply for Sous Chef - Keswick
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly