Breakfast Chef - Keswick
- Job Type
- Full Time
Breakfast Chef - Inn on the Square - Keswick, Cumbria
Lake District Hotels Ltd are a distinctive collection of seven award winning hotels in the northern Lake District, family owned and run and situated in the most beautiful parts of the Lake District. From 4-star luxury hotels on the shores of Ullswater and Derwentwater, to traditional coaching inns and hotels in the town centres of Keswick and Penrith - our Lake District hotels are recognised for the warmth of welcome, unrivalled personal attention and excellent service.
The Hotel: The Inn on the Square boast 34 bedrooms, the AA accredited, one rosette, Brossen Steakhouse Restaurant with open display kitchen, cocktail bar, and substantial lounges; and a separate pub ‘The Queens Head’, this is a modern food-led hotel with some of the best accommodation around.
As a Breakfast Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring that breakfast and the buffet are prepared and presented to a high quality to deliver an excellent guest experience. A Breakfast Chef will also be required to assist with food prep for Lunch/Dinner Service. Ensure breakfasts are prepared and presented to a high quality and within company guidelines. You will: -
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Adhere to Food Safety and Health & Safety policies
- Prepare all mise-en-place for breakfast and assist with food prep for Lunch/Dinner service
- Contribute to controlling costs and improving gross profit margins,
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Be able to work on own or in team
What are we looking for in you:
- The desire to develop your skills in cooking, be a good listener and take direction from the more senior members of the kitchen brigade
- A passion for food, a desire to learn and a keen interest in working with quality seasonal ingredients
- Ideally have worked in a quality kitchen environment
- Have previous experience of being part of the brigade; excellent teamwork skills are required, as is a can-do, professional approach to work
What we offer you:
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Live in accommodation is available if required.
- Staff discount scheme in all our hotels and Restaurants.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Joining one of the most successful hotel groups in the Lake District
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 1 week of submitting your application. Thank you