Swim Teacher - Monmouth, Monmouthshire
Swim Teacher - Monmouth, Monmouthshire
If you’re looking for an incredibly rewarding way to apply your experience working with young people in a leisure setting, which will pay you to keep active and have fun, we have an amazing role for you!
Kings Camps are a registered charity that run sports and activity day camps for children throughout the February, Easter, May, Summer and October school holidays that deliver our mission – getting children active, having fun and learning together.
We know market-leading programmes don’t deliver themselves - it’s our people who create amazing holiday experiences for children - and we’re now hiring energetic and passionate Lifeguards and Swimming Teachers to help deliver our mission and increase children’s water confidence in 2022.
Why work for Kings Camps?
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Work with all ages and abilities
- Flexible shifts in the school holidays (Mon- Fri)
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with Kings (we always promote from within!)
- Working in an experienced staff team of coaches and managers who provide a strong support network
- Bi-weekly personal evaluation directly from your Site Manager
- Deliver market-leading activity programmes
- Excellent locations – some of the best universities and schools across the UK
- Excellent training – market-leading online and on-site training covering customer care, child protection, child supervision, child welfare and behaviour, health and safety, coaching techniques and creative and dynamic session development.
- The opportunity to help make a difference in the lives of children from all backgrounds.
About the Role
Swimming Teachers are responsible for planning and delivering fun, safe and engaging sessions for children in the school holidays. You’ll work with our coaching teams to provide high energy and inclusive activities, ensuring every child is engaged and making progress, regardless of their ability.
Swimming Teachers also ensure the welfare of children is paramount at all times, ensuring all individuals follow the Kings Camps’ Swimming Policy, as well as the venue’s Normal Operating Procedure and Emergency Action Plan, applying them comprehensively.
Children are grouped by age (typically 5-7, 8-10, 11-14, 15-17), so you’ll need to be able to adapt activities for varying ability levels within each group. Our programme involves structured games and activities (rather than a learn to swim programme) and concentrates on developing confidence in the pool, learning stroke techniques and skills through active games.
Teaching from poolside, a typical day swim teaching could include working with 3 to 8 different groups of mixed ability children aged between 5 and 17, with a maximum of up to 16 children in the pool. Each session typically (depending on age) lasts between 30 – 45 minutes.
Child safety is our number one priority, so you’ll need to conduct in depth risk assessments, assess ability levels, monitor water conditions, oversee the safe use of equipment and promptly record any incidents, ensuring throughout that the welfare of children is paramount at all times.
The role may also offer rewarding opportunities to communicate with parents, providing feedback on a child’s progress throughout each week.
Session times and pool availability can vary, but we typically run sessions between 9.30am – 15.30pm, Monday to Friday at some of the best schools and university facilities across the UK.
Call us now for flexible shifts and competitive rates in the school holidays that help increase children’s water confidence!
- A passion for developing children’s water confidence
- At least 12 months’ experience teaching swimming
- At least 6 months’ experience working with 5 – 17 year olds
- A willingness to liaise with parents, delivering high quality customer service
- A real team player who’s happy to rotate duties and form positive relationships
- Leadership skills with a fun, vibrant and confident personality
- Possess and able to document ASA Level 2 Teaching Aquatics or the STA Level 2 Certificate in Swimming Teaching
- Possess a current Lifeguard Qualification from one of the following:
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- National Rescue Award to Swimming Teachers and Coach (NRASTC)
- STA Safety Award for Teachers Qualification
Dates & Locations
We have exceptional facilities in great locations, as far North as Aberdeen and down south as far as Plymouth - Over 50 Schools and Universities across England, Scotland and Wales!
Easter holidays (1 to 2 weeks)
Summer holidays (3 to 6 weeks)
How to Apply
Apply now (why wait until tomorrow?!) Email us with an up to date CV, 3 facts about yourself and your ideal role and location by clicking 'Apply'
Our Safeguarding Promise
The Kings Active Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Safer recruitment is central to the way we work and all staff and volunteers are expected to share our commitment to safeguarding, always creating an environment where young people feel safe and can thrive.
About The Kings Active Foundation
Kings Camps is part of The Kings Active Foundation, a UK registered charity
Charity number: 1105460/SC043119
Charity Address: Osborne House, 47 Snaithing Lane, Sheffield, S10 3LF
Apply for Swim Teacher - Monmouth, Monmouthshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly