Site Manager - York, North Yorkshire
Site Manager - York, North Yorkshire
If you’re looking for an incredibly rewarding way to gain additional leadership experience in an out of school setting, which will pay you to keep active and have fun, we’re sure we can find an amazing role for you!
Kings Camps run sports and activity day camps for children throughout the February, Easter, May, Summer and October school holidays that deliver our mission – getting children active, having fun and learning together.
We know market-leading programmes don’t deliver themselves - it’s our people who create amazing holiday experiences for children - and we’re now hiring energetic and passionate Managers to deliver our mission in 2022.
We operate at over 50 first class locations across England, Scotland and Wales, and, to ensure we offer flexibility, you can work between your home or study city. We even have a handful of camps that run with accommodation provided, so if you’re flexible with dates and locations, we can explore even more opportunities!
Why work for Kings Camps?
- Earn up to £536 per week
- Free enhanced DBS check and Kings Camps uniform and opportunity to gain a paediatric first aid qualification
- Because we’re Ofsted registered, you’ll have opportunity to see how we implement high standards in children’s care in an out of school setting
- Opportunity to interact and build relationships with parents/guardians
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with Kings (we always promote from within!)
- Deliver market-leading activity programmes with a great range of equipment and activities
- Excellent locations – some of the best universities and schools in the UK!
- Market-leading online and on-site training
- Opportunity to help make a difference in the lives of children from all backgrounds.
About the Role
Reporting to the Regional Manager and leading a like-minded team of coaching staff, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of a high-quality, school-holiday, Kings Camps experience, ensuring children aged 5 to 17 are active, having fun and learning together.
Before the season begins, Site Managers undertake administration and preparation responsibilities, communication with your team, planning timetables and ensuring your venue is ready.
During season, Site Managers are onsite from 8am to 6pm as the first-point of contact for staff, children, parents, venue and our central office team. Site Managers are the designated safeguarding lead at a venue, dealing with concerns in a timely manner, completing paperwork and risk assessments, responding to feedback, recording incidents and managing OFSTED requirements.
Child safety is our number one priority, and the welfare of children is paramount. Supervision responsibilities include lunch, morning and afternoon breaks, implementing our behaviour management policy, overseeing the use of equipment and upholding health and safety standards and procedures.
Person Specification (Ideal, but with some flexibility)
- Availability between 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday, during the school holidays, for the duration of shorter seasons, and a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks during summer season.
- At least 12 months’ experience working with children from 5 – 17 years
- At least 12 months’ experience in a management or leadership position
- Childcare, sports or teaching related degree (or related qualification)
- Knowledge and experience of Child Protection, Safeguarding and Health and Safety
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate
- Safeguarding experience and understanding
- Organised and able to follow policy and procedure
- Vibrant, resilient, team player
- Flexible and adaptable
Our Safeguarding Promise
The Kings Active Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Safer recruitment is central to the way we work and all staff and volunteers are expected to share our commitment to safeguarding, always creating an environment where young people feel safe and can thrive.
About The Kings Active Foundation
Kings Camps is part of The Kings Active Foundation, a UK registered charity
Charity number: 1105460/SC043119
Charity Address: Osborne House, 47 Snaithing Lane, Sheffield, S10 3LF
Apply for Site Manager - York, North Yorkshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly